Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having more issues with Sims 3, specifically with installing World Adventures.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having more issues with Sims 3, specifically with installing World Adventures. Empty Having more issues with Sims 3, specifically with installing World Adventures.

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 23:16

First of all I have to ask why the regedit and all the manual updating is required now. It worked just fine when you just installed it without messing with anything. Is this just optional, or what? Can I just do it the other way?

Now to my issue. I had to reformat my computer, so I had to reinstall all my games. I got through the base game just fine, then started to install WA. I edited SKU to value 2, got through Crack #1 & #2. But when I started with #3, I kept getting the dpu gorilla not found and it exited the updater. I did some research and people seem to be having that issue when they didn't install it to their C:\ drive. So I decided to try installing it there (even though I don't really have the room on it. My C:\ is my SSD that's only 90GB). But I can't even get it to uninstall. It says that I have another installer already running and closes it. I tried restarting my computer. Now I don't know what to do. ._.
Help

Back to top Go down

Having more issues with Sims 3, specifically with installing World Adventures. Empty Re: Having more issues with Sims 3, specifically with installing World Adventures.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 17 Apr 2012, 09:02

Hello,

You don't have to install on C:. If that drive is small, you'll only create problems for yourself in the long run, and you can install it on another drive just fine. I've installed it on D: myself.

You don't have to use the patches at all, provided you used the manual patch first. That patch takes your base game to 1.33 so no further updating will be necessary. You'll need the fix to crack it though, and the fix requires one of the following expansions: Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff or Generations.

Changing the SKU is needed only when you get a region error during the installation of WA.
If you have the game on another partition now, and it's working, I would leave it there and use the manual patch. If it got messed up, you may want to try uninstalling it with Youruninstaller pro (available from G4TW) and reinstalling it.

Let us know if you need any help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Having more issues with Sims 3, specifically with installing World Adventures. Empty Re: Having more issues with Sims 3, specifically with installing World Adventures.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Apr 2012, 01:29

Oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad that I can just install it normally. Thanks for the help. Smile
I still can't uninstall the Sims base game, but I'll just try applying the fix and go on like normal if I can. I'll let you know if I have more issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Apr 2012, 08:01

Hello,

Please let us know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top