Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Sims 3 Error Message!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help Sims 3 Error Message!!! Empty Help Sims 3 Error Message!!!

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 16:10

Okay, so I was out of the city and I forgot my pets expansion pack disk at home, so I went out and bought the showtime expansion pack and installed it. (I have a MAC) Once I opened up the game it said there were new updates, so I press okay and it says "downloading" and then it says "some of the files have been modified, please reinstall" So I press quit (the only option it gave me) and I reopen the game, when I do it says, again, that there is a soft ware update available, so this time I pressed cancel. I pressed play, the screen goes black, like when you usually start up the game, and then it brings me back to my screen and shows the message, "It looks like you have installed and unofficail game modification that does not match your current version of the sims 3...."
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have tried to download the fixes, but my computer won't open them.
I've looked at websites and I have had no idea what people where talking about when they used the words "cracks" or "caches"
So please can someone walk me through how to fix this????? The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Help Sims 3 Error Message!!! Empty Re: Help Sims 3 Error Message!!!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 27 May 2012, 16:13

Hello,

Do you own the base game? If you do, you won't need a crack.
This error code can be caused by an incompatible crack, but it sounds like you never used a crack before. The same error can also be caused by outdated mods. If you have a mods folder in (My)Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, drag it to your desktop for now and try starting the game again.

(Topic moved)
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)