Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's taking up my memory in my computer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's taking up my memory in my computer? Empty What's taking up my memory in my computer?

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jul 2012, 23:20

Sorry if I was being pretty vague up there, but I have 32.2GB out of 287GB and I can't find what's taking up most of the space. I checked my folders, my control panel(Programs), and all of that but I still have 32.2GB left and that is really little.

Can somebody help me, please? It'd be much appreciated!

Back to top Go down

What's taking up my memory in my computer? Empty Re: What's taking up my memory in my computer?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 02 Jul 2012, 07:10

Hello,

Do you have a lot of games installed? Or a lot of media like pictures and video?
Advanced SystemCare has an informative tool that allows you to scan your computer for the largest file folders.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

What's taking up my memory in my computer? Empty Re: What's taking up my memory in my computer?

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 14:37

Actually I had a similar problem to you, I downloaded a free program called 'Treesize' http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/
It basically does the same as what Lady ElDi suggested.
I scanned my PC and the biggest folder was 'my documents' (because I had the sims 3, with so much CC and save games lol)

But anyway, I found that wasn't the problem at all... What actually was taking up my space was I had like 10 system restore points saved...
go into the start menu>all programs>accessories>system tools>disk cleanup.

You can run the cleanup tool and that will help delete temp/junk files, but at the top there should be another tab saying 'options' or something similar, click that then there should be an option to delete restore points that are older then 7 days.

I tried it and I cleared up about 25+ GBs of space! lol! Anyway good luck with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top