Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't update game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't update game Empty Can't update game

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jul 2012, 09:10

Had to uninstall S3 because HELS stuffed everything up.
I re-downloaded S3 (Reloaded) and I tried updating the base game but it wouldn't work? I followed the instructions that came with the torrent but it didn't work, so I used the cracks in the ultimate fix and it didn't work either.
Then I remembered it said to install one of the expansions, but when I do, it says that the base game is too outdated, (which is the problem) because I can't update it.

Thanks! Smile

Edit; When I press the play button the app just closes... and I've uninstalled and reinstalled this about 5 times..

Back to top Go down

Can't update game Empty Re: Can't update game

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 01:22

Allow me to suggest a couple of courses of action and run you through a bit of diagnosis. The first thing; the reason your game is crashing is because it's not fully installed correctly. The installation was probably corrupt. The launcher on Mac has a funny habit of being extremely fickle about the installation and if one or two files is out of place, it won't load correctly.

As far as the updating and fixes go; when you attempt to install an expansion pack, it probably will not play nicely with the base game install if it's stuffed to begin with, but if the EP installer is telling you that the base game is too old, it's likely that you're installing a newer EP. Try installing one of the older EPs, (I think Late Night is one of the options for the Ultimate Fix to work) because it doesn't require such an updated version as the newer expansions.

Finally, if all else fails, try a different torrent of the base game. Reloaded generally works fine, but "Sims 3 w/1.19.44 crack, update and keys--[Mac]" over at Demonoid is always my second option. It comes with the serial numbers prepackaged with the installation guide and a cracked update which is stable enough to allow all expansions and stuff packs. Also, without a Demonoid membership, you can download up to five torrents a day I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 02:18

macmaniac88 wrote:Allow me to suggest a couple of courses of action and run you through a bit of diagnosis. The first thing; the reason your game is crashing is because it's not fully installed correctly. The installation was probably corrupt. The launcher on Mac has a funny habit of being extremely fickle about the installation and if one or two files is out of place, it won't load correctly.

As far as the updating and fixes go; when you attempt to install an expansion pack, it probably will not play nicely with the base game install if it's stuffed to begin with, but if the EP installer is telling you that the base game is too old, it's likely that you're installing a newer EP. Try installing one of the older EPs, (I think Late Night is one of the options for the Ultimate Fix to work) because it doesn't require such an updated version as the newer expansions.

Finally, if all else fails, try a different torrent of the base game. Reloaded generally works fine, but "Sims 3 w/1.19.44 crack, update and keys--[Mac]" over at Demonoid is always my second option. It comes with the serial numbers prepackaged with the installation guide and a cracked update which is stable enough to allow all expansions and stuff packs. Also, without a Demonoid membership, you can download up to five torrents a day I believe.

I uninstalled the base game (which was the Windows and Mac Reloaded version on tpb), I followed the instructions that came with it - but gave up - and re-downloaded another torrent (the same one I had originally, which had the latest patch and most of the expansions installed, but it stuffed up majorly when I tried to install HELS)

I just installed Late Night and the base game somehow updated itself? Can I update the base game and apply the Ultimate Fix, or do I have to leave it as is?

Thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 03:44

Well, as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you need to update and apply the Ultimate Fix to make the game function, then go right ahead, it should be stable. If you want to update to apply other stuff or EPs, then go ahead. If not, and the game still works fine, then leave it as it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 22:58

hey if u still need help, take a look at the video i made Very Happy youtu(dot)be/y9gLC3HKqUg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2012, 05:04

macmaniac88 wrote:Well, as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you need to update and apply the Ultimate Fix to make the game function, then go right ahead, it should be stable. If you want to update to apply other stuff or EPs, then go ahead. If not, and the game still works fine, then leave it as it is.

Well I have Late Night, Ambitions and Master Suite Stuff installed. But whenever I try installing other EP's there's always an error.
But it's whatever, I'm content with what I have now. I just wish I didn't have so many problems installing.
Thanks for your help. Smile

@humangraffiti: I didn't really need it, but thanks anyway!!
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top