Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is t okay to shortcut when install new program?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

is t okay to shortcut when install new program? Empty is t okay to shortcut when install new program?

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug 2012, 08:19

Im got a new PC comptuer and i want move my programs from my old pc over to new one
is it okay to just copy the program folder from the program files directory? like for exampl just copy over the whole electronic art folder from my old pc programfiles>electronic arts>Sims 3 base game etc and put in program files for me new pc?
is it alright to do this? because im not want to have to google for every programs again and download and install :/

Back to top Go down

is t okay to shortcut when install new program? Empty Re: is t okay to shortcut when install new program?

Post by Narong30 Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:00

iivory wrote:Im got a new PC comptuer and i want move my programs from my old pc over to new one
is it okay to just copy the program folder from the program files directory? like for exampl just copy over the whole electronic art folder from my old pc programfiles>electronic arts>Sims 3 base game etc and put in program files for me new pc?
is it alright to do this? because im not want to have to google for every programs again and download and install :/

I've tried that method before, and it's working. Unfortunately it's not The Sims 3, but Warcraft 3. My suggestion is, you should give a try. Since you've no other option, it's worth to give a try, since it didn't cost you anything.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

is t okay to shortcut when install new program? Empty Re: is t okay to shortcut when install new program?

Post by Admin Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:02

Hello,

No! God, no! It's the best things not to copy the programs/games to your new PC. Not only because your PC will not actually recognize them, but also because you may copy other crappy programs you do not use any more too.
Copying might work at first, but it will cause problems eventually.
When starting "clean", do it good! (Will cause you less headache later)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top