Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solved Forums. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Forums. [CLOSED] Empty Solved Forums. [CLOSED]

Post by t2sink Mon 17 Sep 2012, 08:17

I was thinking to make it a bit easier for searching for solutions to problems, could a subforum of the forums for problems be made for problems that have been solved/closed, so instead of having to do a search and looking for solved topics in it, you can just do a advance search on the solved forum for the problem? But then could just view their the Solved forum.

Thanks, t2sink.

Edit: Oh, I noticed I read something about how many forums you can have, but I can't remember if it was for here, but then it was like 32 or 255.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Solved Forums. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Solved Forums. [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Mon 17 Sep 2012, 17:07

Hello,

We try not to make too many fora, as these will only confuse more and make the Forum look more messy.
If you can't find the fix to your problem, always feel free to open a new topic! (In the correct section, of course)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 17 Sep 2012, 20:21

Yeah, adding forums would get more messy.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 16:58

I had thought the same thing myself when I started searching. Then I didn't notice a frequently asked questions topic pinned. I thought about that some more but came up with no question suggestions for that idea due to the plethora of problems people ask. Although I used to run an rpg fourm and had a, excuse my fourm terms, a category for closed topics. I know this type of fourm is different than what I had.Mine was less informational and tech supporty.

So a closed topic location would seem useless here but what about the former thought, frequently asked questions Topic, that can be managed as you close topics if needed. For current topics unless your mods and admin(s) are feeling helpful and feel like going through older post and answering the questions. This would help with searching and not having to go through many post. So a pinned 'Asked Questions' Topic per category?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 30 Dec 2012, 17:28

kenku wrote:I had thought the same thing myself when I started searching. Then I didn't notice a frequently asked questions topic pinned. I thought about that some more but came up with no question suggestions for that idea due to the plethora of problems people ask. Although I used to run an rpg fourm and had a, excuse my fourm terms, a category for closed topics. I know this type of fourm is different than what I had.Mine was less informational and tech supporty.

So a closed topic location would seem useless here but what about the former thought, frequently asked questions Topic, that can be managed as you close topics if needed. For current topics unless your mods and admin(s) are feeling helpful and feel like going through older post and answering the questions. This would help with searching and not having to go through many post. So a pinned 'Asked Questions' Topic per category?
Hello,

That's actually what we do here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f29-the-sims-3-fixes-pc
We add "Fixes" there, as we solve problems.

And we actually have a FAQ here: http://games4theworld.org/sims3faq.html
Experience has thought me that people won't even bother going through the questions.
Look at the big, red, bold letters on the frontpage, regarding the The Sims 3 "Must read" topic. How many people have actually seen that? How many people who post their The Sims 3 problems have actually read that page and tried what it says?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 31 Dec 2012, 10:04

Admin wrote:
Look at the big, red, bold letters on the frontpage, regarding the The Sims 3 "Must read" topic. How many people have actually seen that? How many people who post their The Sims 3 problems have actually read that page and tried what it says?

Or read it, tried it, and failed (to read properly lol).
Most mistakes are made because people don't read help topics or they skim over them thinking "yeah yeah this is easy" and are confident that they have done everything correctly, and it takes screenshots and in some cases a lot of convincing to make them see the mistake they've made.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:07

Admin wrote:Look at the big, red, bold letters on the frontpage, regarding the The Sims 3 "Must read" topic. How many people have actually seen that? How many people who post their The Sims 3 problems have actually read that page and tried what it says?

What big red, bold letters? O.O

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 12:52

I looked at the two links and checked them out. True many people won't bother looking for the already answered question. I will say this, the search function on this fourm is pretty good. I'm am a bit surprised that I didn't notice the faqs topic. Then again generally, for me, I come across more "Frenquently Asked Questions" than I do "Faqs for ???". So it didn't click in my mind that possible solutions were to my problems were there. As for "Fixes", well honestly, I ignored that for this reason I think. Don't laugh guys lol. "My brain said fixes! That's not for me. Those are updates and patches." I got the mmo going on there. When i hear fix I hear update not solution to a common/uncommon problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top