Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 MAC: "The integrity of the installer cannot be verified." fix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 MAC: "The integrity of the installer cannot be verified." fix. Empty The Sims 3 MAC: "The integrity of the installer cannot be verified." fix.

Post by Admin Wed 26 Jan 2011, 18:52

Hello,

Everyone getting the "The integrity of the installer cannot be verified." during the installation of The Sims 3 (:Late Night) on a MAC, could use the following fix;

Originally Posted by Spike8728
This guy was right. Except for the deleting files part. I did this, and I got it to work. I'll take you through it step by step. Do exactly as I do.

1. Unpack the zip file that was downloaded from D2D. A folder should show up.

2. Open "Disk Utility" on you mac.

3. When Disk Utility opens, click on the "+new image" tab. When the drop down menu appears, start with the top dialog box. Name it "Sims 3." 2nd box- save it to the desktop. "Disk Name", don't touch that one. The next box "volume size", hit that, and select custom. When the next window appears, Click the left box and put in "6". In the right box, change to GB. Now click on the Partions Tab, change it to just plan old CD/DVD. Don't touch anything else, click create.

4. Close disk utility.

5. Go to the desk top. There will be a Sims 3.dmg file, and a "Disk Image" Icon. Go INTO the folder that was extracted from the sims 3 zip file. Highlight all contents in the folder, drag them onto the "Disk Image" Icon. It will copy them. DO NOT DRAG THE FOLDER ONTO IT. GO INTO THE FOLDER, AND GET THE CONTENTS, DRAG THEM OUT OF IT.

6. When it's done copying, double click the "Disk Image" Icon that we created, go inside, Click the "The Sims 3 Installer" Icon. It will run.

Source: Mac-Forum

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, "MAC SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE SECTION WITH THE SAME NAME.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Last edited by Admin on Fri 24 May 2013, 19:12; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 MAC: "The integrity of the installer cannot be verified." fix. Empty Re: The Sims 3 MAC: "The integrity of the installer cannot be verified." fix.

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2012, 01:31

So you got sims 3 for mac. Didn't think that existed The Sims 3 plumbob your other base installer works on OSX. And i wasn't even on windows.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 MAC: "The integrity of the installer cannot be verified." fix. Empty Re: The Sims 3 MAC: "The integrity of the installer cannot be verified." fix.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 12 Feb 2012, 10:06

jk1087 wrote:So you got sims 3 for mac. Didn't think that existed The Sims 3 plumbob your other base installer works on OSX. And i wasn't even on windows.

Hello,
Its perfectly possible to install TS3 on Mac but it can be a little more complicated than on pc.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012, 16:49

Yea, i figured that out a little later, i do have the sims on a mac now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 14:46

Can I delete the disk image created once done with the installation? thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:07

So I followed all the steps and I am stuck on number 5. I see "The Sims 3.dmg" file, but I don't see the "Disk Image" Icon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 02:02

Okay I have been having problem after problem. I think I am very close to getting it work. Here is what I did.

How I Downloaded the sims 3 + expansions:

1. Download the base game off the disk because i was told by Admin that the base game on here does not work for Macs too well and to just use my disk.

2. To Fix that the integrity was bad I had to Make all the expansions into a .dmg file:

a. After expanding it into a folder with Stuffit Expander, open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder.
b. Go to File > New > Disk Image from Folder, then select the expanded folder.
c. Then I click image
d. Then I click the Installer I creamed.

3. To fix that it was the wrong regional code, I had to change game version each time I installed an expansion. Make sure the installer IS NOT on when you are doing this.

a. Go to the expanded folder of the expansion you want to download.
b. Once in the folder go to [Game/Bin] and Open “Default.ini” using Text Edit.
c. Go to the application> show package content> content> resources> transgaming> c-drive> program files> electronic arts> the sims 3> game> Bin> and open the base base “Default.ini”
d. Now you are going to copy the game version (Example for World
Adventures it’s 2.0.86.002002) and replace the game version in the base game “Default.ini.”

4. I then installed the expansion packs, followed the instructions , and the use the ultimate fix for the mac provided on games4theworld.

5. I then Encountered the problem where it said that I had an illegal copy and wouldn’t let me sign in. Which all I had to do was delete my cookies.

a. I have Safari 6.0 and Mountain Lion. So to do this I went to Safari>Preferences>Privacy>Remove All Website Data.

6. When I tried to launch the game I got an error saying “Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

This is where I am stuck. I have been reading online and people have fixed it with the crack. I did all the cracks in the ultimate fix for the mac. Can someone please help? I have been working on this for weeks. Help

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 10 Sep 2012, 09:39

Hello,

Please make sure you've used the latest fix. If you're sure, please open a new topic in the Mac Support section and we'll take it from there. It'll be easier for us to keep track and provide more personal support.

Edit: Never mind, I found and moved your topic Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2013, 01:24

Greeting friends,

I tried the fix listed here to no avail with the following Eps:
-Town Life Stuff
-World Adventures
-Seasons
-University Life

I was able to install pets and supernatural without having to use this fix. Could anyone suggest any other ideas to fix this please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 10:47

I never had this kind of problem with installing EP downloaded from Games4theworld before, but when I tried to install Into the Future, I met this problem. I followed all the steps and it works like magic!

Now I'm going to install High End Loft Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, and Town Life Stuff, and I'll let you know whether I bump into the same problem that could be solved by this fix or not.

Edit: It appears I have to use the way mentioned on this fix to install everything. Everything is installed successfully, though, so I'm going to apply all the fixes now so I can play it. Wish me luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top