Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to live in the house I downloaded but can't figure out how to do it. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Want to live in the house I downloaded but can't figure out how to do it. [SOLVED] Empty Want to live in the house I downloaded but can't figure out how to do it. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 22:49

Okay so I have a house I want to live in that I have downloaded. I know how to install it, i have done so. My problem is I don't know how to take ownership of the house. It is too expensive to buy at start of game.

I would appreciate some help figuring out how to take ownership of the house. I can add money to my sim AFTER I have started the game and already been forced to buy a house or lot. I tried buying a lot but I can't then place the house on the lot. If I place the house on a lot before I start the game, then I don't have enough to buy it and still have to buy an empty lot...but then have no clue how to buy the house itself.

So I need instructions as to how to either give myself enough money prior to being forced to buy a house.....or.....after starting the game and buying a lot, how to place this house on my lot....or.....after starting the game and being forced to buy an empty lot, how to then buy the house (I will have given myself money by then) on the lot I place it on and then sell my empty lot.

Sounds confusing I know, but I am stumped as to how to go about it.

Back to top Go down

Want to live in the house I downloaded but can't figure out how to do it. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Want to live in the house I downloaded but can't figure out how to do it. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012, 01:58

The best way to do it would be to place the house on a lot and use the cheat
freerealestate

And then placing your sim into the house through the family bin.

so that you wont have to pay for anything and you get the house as is.

You can use the freerealestate cheat on preexisting of new sims. Just use it right before you choose your house.

Back to top Go down

Want to live in the house I downloaded but can't figure out how to do it. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Want to live in the house I downloaded but can't figure out how to do it. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Mon 22 Oct 2012, 03:40

Or, once your family is moved into the empty lot you put them in, go into edit town, place that house on an empty lot that it fits on. Then once you leave edit town, and give your family enough money to buy it, you can move them into that house just by choosing the move option on their phones.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:26

thanks all. the freerealestate thing didn't work, not sure why. I mean the cheat worked but still said I didn't have the money for it. Maybe because it was furnished?

But I did the cell phone thing. I put the house on the lot I wanted it, bought the cheapest lot in town when forced to choose then entered live game, whipped out my cell phone and bought the new place...easy peasy. Thanks again. I guess you can tell this is my first time playing the sims....I got the base game and was hooked...mostly on building my home, but I enjoy the whole game. I seriously do try to find the answers on my own before I come here, but sometimes I can't find it or the frustration gets a bit too high so I come here for answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 22 Oct 2012, 15:31

Glad to help. Smile Enjoy the game!
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 22 Oct 2012, 15:40

Hello,

Please let us know if you need any more assistance! Topic closed, enjoy playing. Want to live in the house I downloaded but can't figure out how to do it. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male