Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED] Empty I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 22:26

I made the incredibly stupid move of installing Windows 7 on the wrong drive, not paying attention that D:Recovery was highlighted instead of my C:OS drive. I did not realize my mistake until everything was said and done and I noticed that I had only 2 GB free on my D drive. So what did I do? You guessed it, I went back and installed Windows again but this time onto the correct drive. Now when I start the computer I have a dual boot of Windows 7 and Windows 7. I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED] 2279017149 I have read all day about other people doing the same thing and looking for a solution but the answers are so conflicting...Sure get rid of D drive, Windows 7 doesn't really need it anyway...don't touch or delete anything in there or your PC might not boot back up. Suspect I don't want to make matters worse and do something that I can't correct, so what is the easiest/most non-complicated way to get rid of Windows 7 on D drive?

I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED] 2830496658

Back to top Go down

I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED] Empty Re: I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Tue 30 Oct 2012, 22:51

Hello,

If you don't have any personal files on the D:\ drive (or back them up if you do), why not just format the drive?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED] Empty Re: I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 22:55

No I don't have anything personal on it, I was just afraid of screwing something up if it had anything to do with booting up the computer. Which was one of the many things I read. If formatting is all I need to do that would be great and sounds easy enough!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 31 Oct 2012, 10:44

Hello,

As far as I know, yes, that should do the trick.
Perhaps someone else can tell you more about this.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 13:35

Well I formatted the D drive and everything seemed to work just fine until I restarted my computer. It's still going to the black screen and asking which OS I want to boot. The only difference now is the one that I thought I got rid of on D drive now says Microsoft Windows 7. So I guess it's still there somewhere. No Thanks for trying to help Admin.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 31 Oct 2012, 16:41

Hello,

Open your Start menu and type msconfig in the search box. Press [ENTER].
Now, go to the "Startup computer" (something like that) and remove the "old" Windows.
Click "OK" and then restart your PC. Don't remove the wrong OS, lol.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 18:18

Oh you had me nervous with the "Don't remove the wrong OS". lol Luckily I didn't and I am happy to report that it worked!! Along with your advice for msconfig and a handy little tool I found that edits the boot manager, all seems to be functioning as it should. I have learned my lesson on paying more attention when installing and I can finally stop banging my head on the keyboard. Now on to reinstalling programs and my Sims games Shocked (which I am dreading).

Thanks for all your help! I installed Windows 7 where?!....Oh Crap! [SOLVED] 294340757

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 01 Nov 2012, 14:19

Hello nice girl,

You're most welcome!
Enjoy your Windows and our downloads again and please let us know if you ever need any more assistance!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top