Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons Install "compatibility error"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seasons Install "compatibility error" Empty Seasons Install "compatibility error"

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 18:28

Hello ! I just found this wonderful site and the first thing I did was to download the new Seasons add-on, the manual update patch and the Fix.
I installed it on a buggy game, so without surprise it didn't solve anything and it kept on crashing (the nasty "exception raised"). I had LOTS of pb with my game, even though all of the disks are legit. The only one I downloaded is Seasons.

So, I made a clean uninstall of all the Sims 3: I deleted preferences etc. Then I re-installed all of my base/add-ons (I have all add-ons except Ambitions and Seasons, and none of the stuff packs).
Then I wanted to install the Seasons add-on I downloaded. I extracted it with Stuffit and put it on a new image disk as recommended.
When I launch the install, I can enter the serial but then I have a message error telling me that there is a "compatibility error" with the game, and that The Sims 3 isn't compatible with it. Then I can't continue with the install.
Why does it happen? Help

Back to top Go down

Seasons Install "compatibility error" Empty Re: Seasons Install "compatibility error"

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 21:19

Did you apply the manual patch before trying to install Seasons?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top