Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Save Folder in wrong area

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Save Folder in wrong area Empty Game Save Folder in wrong area

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 03:20

Hey,

So obviously on a Mac, the folder the game is supposed to be saved in is Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 etc... however since updating to Seasons, my game has created a new path and now decides to save/load from 'Applications/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Contents/Resources/Transgaming/C Drive/Program Files/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/%UserProfile%/My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3', which surely mustn't be right? I'm surprised it even has permissions to save in a system folder?

I wouldn't mind, as everything seems to work fine when it's doing this, but when loading from this area, it prevents me from using any mods for some reason, and completely ignores them despite being configured correctly in both the normal folder and the new folder. Is anybody aware of any particular method which would allow me to either reset the save path to its usual configuration, or manually reconfigure the save path back to Documents.

Thanks!
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Game Save Folder in wrong area Empty Re: Game Save Folder in wrong area

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 18:04

Heya Charlie,

That is really strange; never heard of a problem like this before. Does this happen with all of your saved files or just for files in specific worlds?

You can always create a symbolic link to overwrite this problem. Though, as a Mac person who already encounters bad symlink errors 70% of the time, I'd be wary. Here's a relevant stackexchange post on it:
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/34702/how-do-i-change-my-sims-3-installed-content-and-saved-games-location

You can always reinstall to brute-force fix it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 18:42

Hey,

Yeah, it seems to be a very limited problem, my own research has only shown about 2-3 other people have posted on any forums with this issue, and nobody seems to have a solution unfortunately!
Yeah, everything is now located in that folder, downloads, custom content, saves - everything that would usually be saved in the normal folder.

Thanks for the link, I guess I'll look into it! This is the second time i've encountered this problem, last time I did just reinstall, but I still can't work out what's causing it!

I shall let you know if I have any progress!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 19:27

cwatkins94 wrote:Hey,

Yeah, it seems to be a very limited problem, my own research has only shown about 2-3 other people have posted on any forums with this issue, and nobody seems to have a solution unfortunately!
Yeah, everything is now located in that folder, downloads, custom content, saves - everything that would usually be saved in the normal folder.

Thanks for the link, I guess I'll look into it! This is the second time i've encountered this problem, last time I did just reinstall, but I still can't work out what's causing it!

I shall let you know if I have any progress!

Please do. My interest has been piqued.

(Don't forget that you can drag & drop files into Terminal to get an instant correct path, instead of having to write everything out manually.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top