Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Medieval - Disc Authorization Failure. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Medieval - Disc Authorization Failure. [CLOSED] Empty The Sims Medieval - Disc Authorization Failure. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2011, 07:46

Hi, Whenever I run the game I get past the intro video and the first loading screen, but as soon as it loads the page where (from what I can gather) you start making a file and whatnot a sub-window pops up saying "DISC AUTHORIZATION FAILURE: so on and so forth (not actually but you get the idea)"

The games installed flawlessly, I of course mounted the .iso to Daemon Tools Lite, and when I check the application it is already .exe

What could the problem be? I keep reading about doing something with the crack about changing it to .exe but it already is so.. I'm confused. >_>

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval - Disc Authorization Failure. [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims Medieval - Disc Authorization Failure. [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Mon 28 Mar 2011, 14:15

Sk3ith wrote:Hi, Whenever I run the game I get past the intro video and the first loading screen, but as soon as it loads the page where (from what I can gather) you start making a file and whatnot a sub-window pops up saying "DISC AUTHORIZATION FAILURE: so on and so forth (not actually but you get the idea)"

The games installed flawlessly, I of course mounted the .iso to Daemon Tools Lite, and when I check the application it is already .exe

What could the problem be? I keep reading about doing something with the crack about changing it to .exe but it already is so.. I'm confused. >_>
Hello,

You talk about an .ISO... our version doesn't have a .ISO file, so I think you downloaded from an other uploader.
Anyway, just unmount the .ISO('s) and then apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

The error should be gone now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval - Disc Authorization Failure. [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims Medieval - Disc Authorization Failure. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2011, 17:53

ah, well the original .rar file is an .iso though, when you right click and click "properties" it says "WinRAR archive (.iso)" under type of file, for another game I was supposed to mount this image (I cant remember which game..) so I figured that it would be the same for this game, but I shall do as you suggested and let you know if anything comes up

//EDIT

So, I tried the fix but whenever I try to start the game it says it cant find the disc, so by mounting the .iso I can get past that but then it still gives me a disc authorization failure, I tried going into the game from the Bin but it just says that its unable to start and that I have the wrong version, but I did each step properly for installing and patching. Although I didn't think anything had changed when I tried to update it with the fix. I'll try a second time around but I think it'll give me the same results

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 28 Mar 2011, 21:47

Sk3ith wrote:ah, well the original .rar file is an .iso though, when you right click and click "properties" it says "WinRAR archive (.iso)" under type of file, for another game I was supposed to mount this image (I cant remember which game..) so I figured that it would be the same for this game, but I shall do as you suggested and let you know if anything comes up

//EDIT

So, I tried the fix but whenever I try to start the game it says it cant find the disc, so by mounting the .iso I can get past that but then it still gives me a disc authorization failure, I tried going into the game from the Bin but it just says that its unable to start and that I have the wrong version, but I did each step properly for installing and patching. Although I didn't think anything had changed when I tried to update it with the fix. I'll try a second time around but I think it'll give me the same results
Hello,

First of all, just forget about mounting the .ISO, because that isn't going to solve the error and I even think it is causing it. You nééd to apply a crack.
Please read the included "# Installation Guide.txt" with the fix very carefully on where to put which files. Also be sure that you've updated, like described in the Installation Guide.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 04:52

I think I may of accidentally figured out his problem by being a bit of a failure myself. I think he is copying the crack into the game folder that he had taken from the torrent instead of actually putting the crack into the game folder that was created when the game was installed. I was doing that myself and was experiencing the same problems as him (how I stumbled upon this post) BUT luckily was able to figure it out myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top