Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medieval download? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Medieval download? [SOLVED] Empty Medieval download? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 02:05

Is there any way I can get step by step directions on how to download the Sims Medieval... when I downloaded it I believe I did everything correctly but when I tried to play the game it says that there is no disc found. Do I need to burn the files onto a disc or is there something I am missing?

Thanks for the help

Back to top Go down

Medieval download? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Medieval download? [SOLVED]

Post by m4dm4n Tue 29 Mar 2011, 03:09

Did you follow the instructions word for word on installing the crack?

You should be able to mount the disc images using daemon tools just fine, and it's not the cause of your problem. Your best bet is to uninstall, restart your computer, and install again, making sure to double and triple check during the install that everything is followed in the readme to the letter.

//EDIT

You would only need to re-download if you run into corruption errors during extraction.
m4dm4n
m4dm4n
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Red Eclipse, Nexuiz, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Regnum Online: Warmasters

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 05:44

Well I am not sure how to mount them, or what daemon tools is. I uninstalled it last night and re downloading it from Pirate bay now but it takes a really long time... But my problem is I have never downloaded a game off the internet before and I didn't really feel the instructions were clear... no offense but being a noob makes me pretty dumb.

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n Tue 29 Mar 2011, 06:49

beverlywhite wrote:Well I am not sure how to mount them, or what daemon tools is. I uninstalled it last night and re downloading it from Pirate bay now but it takes a really long time... But my problem is I have never downloaded a game off the internet before and I didn't really feel the instructions were clear... no offense but being a noob makes me pretty dumb.

It doesn't make you dumb, you just haven't had any experience with it yet. As far as the instructions go, it should be pretty straight forward: mount or burn the disk image, install the game, install the crack to the specific directory listed in the instructions. Please give it a try one more time. If it fails to install properly, let Admin or myself know and either one of us can jump on TeamViewer and do the install for you and show you step by step.

Daemon Tools - and our guide to using it. It saves your blank cds/dvds from needing to be used just for 1 game and shows up in Windows as if the .iso is actually a cd/dvd in your drive, allowing you to install the game just as easily.
m4dm4n
m4dm4n
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Red Eclipse, Nexuiz, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Regnum Online: Warmasters

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 07:18

K thanks you for your help I will repost if it doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 29 Mar 2011, 10:47

Hello,

In order to fix the "Please insert DVD" error and the crashing launcher, just apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

That's it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 11:07

Do I do this before or after I install the game?

//EDIT

Okay thank you very much for your help turns out I was not doing it correctly... You were all very helpful and the game is working now! Razz

Admin edit: Have fun playing! Problem solved, topic closed. Wink

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top