Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim | Dawnfire | Hearthfire | Mods | Review done by AlPaz (EPIC VIDEO INCLUDED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skyrim | Dawnfire | Hearthfire | Mods | Review done by AlPaz (EPIC VIDEO INCLUDED) Empty Skyrim | Dawnfire | Hearthfire | Mods | Review done by AlPaz (EPIC VIDEO INCLUDED)

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 14:42

Hey, :newfag:
Anyone I'm not done yet and much more to come. Scroll till the end for an ending clip.

Skyrim

So... For my first Review in |Games4TheWorld| I'll be talking about Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V (V Stands for Violence... Or 5****)

Description, Overall, Genesis... I call it Whateva.

Skyrim is a sandbox* open-world, massive** and epic*** Roleplaying Game.
Skyrim is a part of The Elder Scrolls series which is known for its lack of classes and based on raising your character's stats in game time focusing on what you want to be (V Tagged****).
First, this article has 2 parts, people who never played Skyrim/Played Skyrim and for people who Played Skyrim only.

Part One, Skyrim for Dummies Smart People

So, Skyrim is a... You can read the IGN review for that, this ends part one.

I'm so sorry guys but I really don't have the power for that. I'll give you the "Good", the "Bad" and the "Ugly" and some REALY AWESOME STUFF to do with Skyrim, other then that I won't, nope.

The Good
Skyrim is a great RPG, it has some good points that I'd like to share.
1. The game is fun, long and realistic(kinda), this is because Skyrim never really ends. Skyrim continues on with our souls has a long main quest but the real thing about Skyrim is that YOU can make your own main quest, if its being the Arch-Mage of a mage's college, being the mighty Harbringer of the Companions, the fiercest warriors in all of Skyrim, being the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, an organization of gruesome assassins and even being the master of the murkiest, stealthiest and meanest of Thieves, Smugglers and Muggers(Like MafiaVille!).

2. Skyrim is a beautiful world, even without the mods I'll show you the game is one of the most beautiful you will see, on a low graphic settings I still found myself staring the sky for a long time before I realized I was swarming with bandits.

3. The Story, oh the story... Quite unique for a game involving dragons but still, there are 2(Vanilla)/3(+Dawnguard)/4(+Dragonborn) storylines, the vanilla ones being The Civil War and The Dragons. I will leave this spoilerless, its up to you to play and know.

4. IT HAS DRAGONS OMGAWD!
There is much more good in Skyrim, I'll leave the rest for you to explore.

The Bad
Not all is so grand in Skyrim, read on... T_T
1. Skyrim is quite a large world, you may find that the average PC will have a difficulty of running it on "Average" settings and that grandma's rig will burst in flames. (Can be solved with GameBooster)

2. Skyrim has a lot of bugs, so many you may tear your hairs in grief before tearing the enemies' head in rage. (Solved with Mods.)

3. Lighting is poor, very very poor. (Solved with Mods.)

4. NPC Pathing sucks like hell, seriously. (Solved with Mods.)
Many more horrible bad things in skyrim but I want you to play it because its an awesome game overall so I'll stop here.

The Ugly
Skyrim is filled with ugly things, errors and even people. Read on its a must.

1. Animals, Bandits, Dragons... Even Spiders are all hostile to you when you appear, its quite ugly considering there are only 2-3 spots where bandits actually ask you to pay a toll while in Oblivion and Morrowind you had bandits questioning you before attack you sometimes.

2. Food Chain is really horrific, you will find wolves, bears, freakishly large cats and even crab on you all at once while in real life they would attack eachother too.

3. Some NPC dialogs are repetitive, you will find yourself asking every NPC: "What do you have for sale" and most will tell you the same, "I have everything to suit your needs". So where are you other dialog options?

4. The lack of interesting NPCs is annoying, truly truly annoying. (Fixed with Mods.)

That settles "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" I will have on every game I review here. Now I'd like to review some MODS. Yes the fun part Very Happy

Oh wait... Right... Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn.

Anyway Dawnguard is really nice, map was made to be confusing and tricky, npcs are supposed to be gloomy and the new holds look promising.

Hearthfire is kinda like The Sims + Skyrim, only that you do not get to place your items where you want them and you need to buy raw matirials (SUCKS can't buy them online on my iSword of Pwnage +999)

Dragonborn takes us back into Morrowind... Sweet!
No seriously this is truly awesome! I loved every part of Dragonborn except dragon riding... You cannot control the dragon Sad

Now mods, these mods work for the PC version of skyrim and will work on cracked skyrim considering you placed it on Program Files|Program Files(x86)/steam/steamapps/commmon/.

Okay... as soon as I can place links I will, sorry ATM for any reason I cannot.
Mod links will be only on the SkyrimNexus from the "Nexus" sites.

Requiem
=======
Requiem is a mod I must have and anyone who played classic RPG and such of the hardcore games Must Have Requiem.
It disables Fast Travel and makes the game so much more realistic.
More info when I can place a link.

Interesting NPCs
=============
Over 150 fully voiced NPCs by professional voicers with interesting story that will keep you grounded for hours just hearing.

Much more mods to come, I finish the article here and will continue later on when you gimmie permissions to place links and suggestions on what to put else.

OVERALL RATING:
Graphics: 9/10
Story: 8.5/10
Dragons: 10/10
Gameplay: 7/10
Clean(Bugs/Glitches-wise): 3.5/10

AlPaz rating: 7.6

Now please watch Mustard Jar (I made a top comment! as of 23/01/13) Please watch it!
Fsss can't put videos yet...
youtube. com/watch?v=ddQGZkxelrE

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top