Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum FAQ. [LAST UPDATED ON 22-03-2020]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum FAQ. [LAST UPDATED ON 22-03-2020] Empty Forum FAQ. [LAST UPDATED ON 22-03-2020]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Dec 2016, 15:31

Forum FAQ. [LAST UPDATED ON 22-03-2020] G4tw_c10

Please note that due to the Official Forum Closure the Forum Rules and Forum FAQ have become de-facto obsolete. If for whatever (nostalgic) reason you are still interested, just click on the orange questions below, in order to unfold the corresponding answers.

I. General information / Privacy Policy

A (very) Brief History of Games4theworld:

I have seen G4TW-related news/information on [insert unrelated platform name here]:

How can I support you guys:

I'm gonna tell all my friends & relatives, and post all over the internet about you:

Can I join the team of Games4theworld:

Can I donate to Games4theworld:

Do you have a Privacy Policy:

II. General questions about the Downloads & Support

Where can I find Games4theworld Downloads:

Do you guys provide Support on releases from other sources than G4TW:

I am new to all of this, how can I download this stuff:

Do you also have video guides about installing stuff:

When I try accessing a download-link on the Forum, I am re-directed to a 'Linkvertise'-page and/or my security software blocks your download links:

When I try accessing a download-link on the Forum, the Linkvertise logo just keeps spinning:

I torrented something from G4TW, and then got a warning letter/e-mail from my Internet Service Provider because of 'copyright violation':

Can you recommend VPN services which support torrenting:

What about free VPN services:

Are there direct downloads for your releases:

What is this "safelinking.net" website that shows up on some of your download links:

Do you also do Mac OS-games and software:

When will new G4TW games and software come out:

Do you accept requests for new game releases:

There are no seeders for some torrents:

I caught myself a virus when downloading stuff from here:

Where do you get these downloads from/do you crack stuff:

I have a DRM-free/cracked version of [insert something here], can I send you the files:

How much money do you guys make from these Forum ads; I'm asking because ... [insert whatever reason here]:

III. Registration / Login / Forum Profile issues

Do I have to create an account on the Forums, even if I just want to download something:

Why do I have to fill in the field "favorite games" when I register an account here:

I just registered an account, but I cannot log in:

I get an error message saying "Information - you are not allowed to log on this Forum":

Why do I need to provide both my username and e-mail address when I want to reset the password on the Forum's login-page:

How do I change my profile settings/preferences:

When I want to change my account's e-mail, I am prompted to "fill in all required fields":

How do I prevent my username from appearing in the "registered users online" listings:

I want to upload an avatar but I get an error message saying the file is too large or corrupted:

IV. Posting / Private messaging / Moderation issues

How do I open topics on the Forum:

When I want to post something, it says new users can't post external links or e-mails for 7 days:

When I want to post something, it says the message is too long:

How many topics can or should I open:

I cannot 'find' my earlier posts or topics anymore:

How can I edit or delete posts:

I wrote a message, but I want to add something to it afterwards:

How can I submit a guide or tutorial:

How do I upload screenshots/pictures in my Forum posts:

I want to quote multiple messages from other users, how can I do that without copying/pasting:

How do I contact another Forum user privately:

I cannot send private messages:

I keep receiving unwanted private messages or e-mails:

I don't understand the thing about 'outside links' (Forum Rule #7), why is Games4theworld so strict about this:

So...if I simply just mention the name of an external site without directly posting URLs, then I assume it does not count as posting illegal links:

The moderation on G4TW is too heavy-handed:

V. Site navigation / Miscellaneous

I cannot access the Forum:

I have a link to the Forum [that I got from an unrelated site], but when I click on it I get an error message saying that only special users can access the page:

What happened to Admin:

What is the "games4theworld.org" website:

Why can't I just message a Staff member for game support:

This dark Forum color theme is uncomfortable for my eyes:

I am confused, because there are too many individual tutorials on here. Can't we get "all-in-one" tutorials:

Can I get your personal contact details, because I want to get in touch with you:

Why can't I log in with my Facebook account:

Can we get some form of voice-chat in here:

I am upset about what someone else said and/or clicked on a link of a user which gave me computer problems:

What about TeamViewer support:

Are you not afraid of 'getting caught' because of [insert whatever-G4TW-related activity here]:

What you are doing is illegal:

Well, I guess I will report you to the authorities and then sue you all to hell:

If G4TW does not abandon the policy of using ads on download links, it will negatively affect your reputation:

OK, I will just get my downloads from elsewhere then:

You are stealing cracks from scene groups! I will hack your useless Forum and seek justice for the scene:

I received a warning letter from my ISP threatening to shut down my internet because I torrented something from G4TW. I'm positive this site is in fact a storefront for the NSA/CIA/MI6/FSB/Mossad/(or insert any other intel agency here). Who else could possibly see what I am torrenting?:

Back in the good old days under Admin, everything was better:

VI. Contact Us / Account modification / Account deletion

What happened to your old G4TW Facebook-page:

What happened to the e-mail newsletters on G4TW:

How do I report rule-breaking Forum messages:

What if I forgot the password and/or username of my Forum account:

How do I report a particular advertisement:

How do I request a deletion of my Forum account:

How do I request a change of my Forum username:

How do I request edits or deletions of my Forum messages:

How do I contest bans and/or other moderating actions:

How do I report copyright violations and/or file DMCA-based takedown requests:

How can I submit business inquiries:

Contact form & official G4TW platforms:
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top