Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them? Empty ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 13:15

Although it is amazing what zloemu is doing, we must also bear in mind that;
"The more people use it, the less income for game-developers".

In the end this will result in people like Electronic Arts deciding to stop their developments in new games / expansions.
Granted, groups as Reloaded also made it possible to download games but I fear for a worldwide run on ZLOrigin's downloads.
When in nearby future also Steam gets cracked in a simular way it's the end of the commercial game-industry.

I admit, I use ZLOrigin myself, but it won't stop me buying the official games as well.

Mod edit: moved to "The Sims Emporium".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them? Empty Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 13:27

Tarac wrote:Although it is amazing what zloemu is doing, we must also bear in mind that;
"The more people use it, the less income for game-developers".

In the end this will result in people like Electronic Arts deciding to stop their developments in new games / expansions.
Granted, groups as Reloaded also made it possible to download games but I fear for a worldwide run on ZLOrigin's downloads.
When in nearby future also Steam gets cracked in a simular way it's the end of the commercial game-industry.

I admit, I use ZLOrigin myself, but it won't stop me buying the official games as well.
I thought ZlOrigin was safe and hard to deal with...

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them? Empty Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 13:32

Yes, sofar it is safe and hard to deal with (or rather against).

That's just my point. It's all so easy. Why buy the games anymore ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 13:39

Tarac wrote:Yes, sofar it is safe and hard to deal with (or rather against).

PC games have been cracked for years, including the games from EA/Maxis. I'm and many of us hope that they will not find a way to block the reloaded groups or the alternative way of ZLOrigin. They only blocked the gallery for the crack users when we want to log in but it does not affect me or what so ever. Like i said, i hope you will stay longer and nothing bad happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 13:41

Elena Jackson wrote:

PC games have been cracked for years, including the games from EA/Maxis. I'm and many of us hope that they will not find a way to block the reloaded groups or the alternative way of ZLOrigin. They only blocked the gallery for the crack users when we want to log in but it does not affect me or what so ever. Like i said, i hope you will stay longer and nothing bad happens.
When you really want access to the Gallery, just buy the base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 13:45

Tarac wrote:
Elena Jackson wrote:

When you really want access to the Gallery, just buy the base game.
I was able to log into the Gallery when i tried the demo version 2 years ago aha.. now i'm just using websites to download lots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 07:02

Tarac wrote:I admit, I use ZLOrigin myself, but it won't stop me buying the official games as well.

Agreed.... I have a huge colection of legit sims games and packs and though i often resort to not so legit measures, it doesnt stop me from buying what i can, when i can.

Gotta support the devs, dont wanna see this game become another simcity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 20:15

Can anyone point me to the site where I can download Zclient? I know links aren't allowed, so maybe like name of the site would be great!  There is one on Tarac's site, but my browser won't let me download it.. I can't find it anywhere.  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 20:33

jelenap wrote:Can anyone point me to the site where I can download Zclient? I know links aren't allowed, so maybe like name of the site would be great!  There is one on Tarac's site, but my browser won't let me download it.. I can't find it anywhere.  Why God.
see https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 20:45

Tarac wrote:
jelenap wrote:Can anyone point me to the site where I can download Zclient? I know links aren't allowed, so maybe like name of the site would be great!  There is one on Tarac's site, but my browser won't let me download it.. I can't find it anywhere.  Why God.
see https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple#
I got it to work! Now, when I download the latest "parenthood' in Zlorigin, will it conflict with my previous crack from g4tw ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 21:00

Hasn't this zlorigin been around for some time? Anyway, I doubt it will mean the end of games. Cause most other games get cracked really soon and that has the exact same effect. And most people that use cracked games have them because they can't afford the legit ones. That is also the case with me. I'm a student and I don't have a job right now, since what I'm studying as well as the place where I live makes it really hard to find a job that lasts longer than a month. In a year I should be done and have a master's degree. Then if I get a job, I'll very likely buy the base game for sure.
Till then I make sure that I spent every cent wisely on things that I really need. Heck, my only vacation last year was that I went on a one day trip to the sea twice. Most of my time gets taken up with things related to the faculty and other work.

Next to the frequnt updates from ZLOrigin, I'm very glad that we can now have different usernames and not just that "RLD!" when we save our sims/houses. Really disliked that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 13:05

Hi! New user here. I agree with Cat_Eye regarding buying legit games. I live in an unfortunate country where corruption is rampant and the economy is really bad that the currency value here of RM 4.28 equals to 1 USD which is 4 times the amount of 1 US Dollar. They do not sell legit physical nor digital copy of any sims  game here in my country so the only means of getting the game for me is trough Origin. Not only that, they also charges extra Tax for the game in Origin. It's like the game could not get more expensive for us people outside of the US or Europe. As of now the base game (without sale) is $69.90 in Origin. That equals to RM 299.26. I am not spending a whopping RM 300 on a base game. Even with sale I think the cheapest price I saw was at $25 but that's still RM 107 which is enough money to feed me for a week. Being a college student couldn't be more more helpful. 
We people from third world countries benefit the most from generous game crackers that we couldn't thank them enough. We would have not been able to play Sims at all if not because of G4TW, Reloaded, people from ZLOEmu and other scenes. People from developed countries shouldn't take the game for granted. If you can afford the game, buy it. I'm not saying all people from developed countries can afford the game, okay? I'm aware that there are people with unfortunate financial circumstances all over the world. If I could spare RM 107 without sacrificing my other basic needs I would have at least bought the base game to support the developers so that they can continue making the game better even though I know $25 barely means anything to them.  
I just can't brain how people who enjoys the game and can easily afford to buy the game with all its DLCs and yet still refuses to pay a single cent to support the game developers. Come live and work in my country  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 20:16

Absolutely agree with Flawless. When you do the conversion to my currency and compare what you can do with it, it's like the entire Sims 4 game is about 700 dollars. I'm also agree about buying original games to support developers and still I really do it whenever I can, especially for my PS4 games. I don't condemn piracy because, heck, I'm also on this train and I'm not expecting everyone to afford the games. When I really get my own money, I'm planning on buying original although I know it ends up picey for me. Oh well, I don't blame devs to live by dollars, it's just so unfortunate my currency is so weak right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 21:04

Yeah, it's ridiculous how games in countries where the wages are lower end up being more expensive. But that's not the only thing. My father works in Germany and several everyday products are way cheaper there, despite people in Germany earning way more than in my country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 23:49

In the days of Napster and the rise of mp3 it was then also said it would destroy the music industry. It's 2017 now and the music industry is still there, but it has changed.  And earlier on you used cassettes to record tracks from the radio.
Games and software are cracked for a long time now. And it's still living. Creation Suite from Adobe is cracked every time there is a new version, yet Adobe is still there and still makes that suite. Windows is same thing, Office also.
The end of games is not with things like ZLOrigin, but more with the attitude of the publishers and developers. Not all of them, but especially the big guys like Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Activision-Blizzard, Capcom, Square Enix, Bethesda Softworks, Microsoft. First they came with DRM such as Starforce and Securom. And now they come with Denuvo. They still don't learn their lesson and are greedy as hell. Next to the DRM stuff they decided to cut a game into pieces. You don't get a full game anymore. No, instead you get some half baked thing and are then presented with 1001 dlc's which you have to buy each. In the 90s and early 00s you got a full game, without cutout content and without DRM stuff or activation garbage. THAT kind of behaviour is killing the industry. Luckily there are some exceptions, like Larian. Larian knows at least how to value their customers and doesn't come with denuvo crap and activation stuff. And their games are full games, full and not some beta product which is even stripped and where the missing pieces are sold as dlc's or gamepacks or whatever they name it, like EA and Capcom do. CdProjekt Red is a good studio as well.
Honestly, i wouldn't mind if The Sims would stop after this weak release. It will never be that good as The Sims 2 and 3 (the living sims of the sims 2 and the little things and the dynamic open world of the sims 3)

I still buy games as well, but only if they are worth it. I refuse games with Denuvo, though i have bought Dragon Age: Inquisition (found out later it has denuvo)
I like to buy games in a jewelcase and with a manual, but since it's more and more online, i also buy on Steam and on GoG and sometimes on Origin. Next to that i play MMORPG's as well, but some are buy to play, such as Black Desert. Bought Black Desert through pre-order. Bought Elder Scrolls Online as well. And i play some f2p mmorpg's as well, such as Aion (NA server).
I don't use this ZLOrigin though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 03 Jun 2017, 00:01

I was born and raised a pirate. My father pirated software and games before the internet was a thing. But now that I can afford to, I buy my games (on Steam).
I don't think anyone who can afford games, will download them illegally. But maybe I'm too optimistic? There used to be a time that I pirated everything (with the exception of the Elder Scrolls series). If pirating had never been a thing, I simply never would've been a gamer, because I couldn't have afforded the games if I wanted to.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Aug 2017, 21:46

Tarac wrote:When in nearby future also Steam gets cracked in a simular way it's the end of the commercial game-industry.

It should be noted though that a lot of Steam games (the singleplayer-ones at least) already tend to get cracked very quickly, and also kept updated. The Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Hollow Knight, Hacknet, The Long Dark, Stardew Valley, to just name a few. Not even mentioning the countless other management/simulation games, etc. Without the need of a "zlSteam" or something similar.

If someone genuinely wants to support a particular game developer, they will do so regardless of the 'format' of cracked games. And as said elsewhere, things like the ZlOrigin or a hypothetical ZlSteam will mostly appeal to people who are technically less versed, and therefore prefer an easy-to-use platform to fulfill their cracked games-needs.

P.S. and yes, despite the availability of many cracked singleplayer-games for Steam, I have purchased many Steam games to support the developers. Notably Nicalis Games, Bethesda Softworks & 2K Games, to name again just a few. And I am intending to keep doing so in the future as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Aug 2017, 18:39

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:When in nearby future also Steam gets cracked in a simular way it's the end of the commercial game-industry.

It should be noted though that a lot of Steam games (the singleplayer-ones at least) already tend to get cracked very quickly, and also kept updated. The Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Hollow Knight, Hacknet, The Long Dark, Stardew Valley, to just name a few. Not even mentioning the countless other management/simulation games, etc. Without the need of a "zlSteam" or something similar.

If someone genuinely wants to support a particular game developer, they will do so regardless of the 'format' of cracked games. And as said elsewhere, things like the ZlOrigin or a hypothetical ZlSteam will mostly appeal to people who are technically less versed, and therefore prefer an easy-to-use platform to fulfill their cracked games-needs.

P.S. and yes, despite the availability of many cracked singleplayer-games for Steam, I have purchased many Steam games to support the developers. Notably Nicalis Games, Bethesda Softworks & 2K Games, to name again just a few. And I am intending to keep doing so in the future as well.
Although I always played with pirated Sims (due to questions on my forum), I have purchased all of the Sims1, 2 and 3, the Sims stories, Medieval and the Sims 4 EP's and GP's
Sims games via ZLOrigin however are so easy to download with automatic installation that it is a very tempting solution, especially as Sims 2 and Sims 4 can be played off-line as well.
(I'm still looking for a way to play Sims 3 off line)
Mind you, 1 download or update for all DLC's on the Sims 4, no additional updates, cracks, fixes. New expansions within 24 hours of releasedate.
Playing Sims 4 on-line via ZLorigin and off-line via f.e. G4TW cracks, all from the same installationfolder on your PC.
It sounds too good to be true, but it is true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Aug 2017, 23:56

Flawless wrote:
Hi! New user here. I agree with Cat_Eye regarding buying legit games. I live in an unfortunate country where corruption is rampant and the economy is really bad that the currency value here of RM 4.28 equals to 1 USD which is 4 times the amount of 1 US Dollar. They do not sell legit physical nor digital copy of any sims  game here in my country so the only means of getting the game for me is trough Origin. Not only that, they also charges extra Tax for the game in Origin. It's like the game could not get more expensive for us people outside of the US or Europe. As of now the base game (without sale) is $69.90 in Origin. That equals to RM 299.26. I am not spending a whopping RM 300 on a base game. Even with sale I think the cheapest price I saw was at $25 but that's still RM 107 which is enough money to feed me for a week. Being a college student couldn't be more more helpful. 
We people from third world countries benefit the most from generous game crackers that we couldn't thank them enough. We would have not been able to play Sims at all if not because of G4TW, Reloaded, people from ZLOEmu and other scenes. People from developed countries shouldn't take the game for granted. If you can afford the game, buy it. I'm not saying all people from developed countries can afford the game, okay? I'm aware that there are people with unfortunate financial circumstances all over the world. If I could spare RM 107 without sacrificing my other basic needs I would have at least bought the base game to support the developers so that they can continue making the game better even though I know $25 barely means anything to them.  
I just can't brain how people who enjoys the game and can easily afford to buy the game with all its DLCs and yet still refuses to pay a single cent to support the game developers. Come live and work in my country  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

My country is more corrupted, 21 Pounds a dollar and things are extremely expensive.

//EDIT

I have a whole bunch of games on steam, most of them are for 2$ (Bought on sales) and like a couple 10$ ones bought through 4 years I guess.
They are all Multi-player (as of course someone like me won't buy a single player game).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Feb 2018, 02:16

So I will be resurrecting this thread. Now that I got this ZLOrigin myself, I looked at their Game Library. They have TS2 Ultimate Collection, TS3 & all EPs/SPs & TS4 of course. Other interesting titles include Mass Effect 1/2, The Dead Space-games and the Battlefield games with their cracked servers (although I have the latter ones legit on the real Origin).

The collection is good enough, though I must admit I was slightly disappointed and was hoping for more stuff in their Game Library. Then again, one can just torrent the remaining stuff, as I have, and which we may prepare for possible future G4TW releases. So everybody here can rest assured that ZLOrigin will not mean the end of PC games. 

Apart from what has been said already by the other users:

Tarac wrote:It sounds too good to be true, but it is true.

The opening post does not necessarily take into account newer trends in gaming, especially the increasing focus on multiplayer/online-only games, which typically cannot be provided in a cracked format. Or not easily.

Another argument that can be made is this. The opening statement is based on the premise: "Emulators are there and easy to use, therefore people will not purchase games anymore". But does that also necessarily mean the reverse argument? "If Emulators are not there (anymore), then people will buy games instead". I don't think so. If someone cannot or does not want to spend the money, then they will not buy anything. Regardless of whether there is a possibility to pirate something or not.

You probably did not intend to go this path, but spinning the argument even further: it's the same as what the anti-piracy groups say. "Piracy platforms must go, because they steal from the copyright holders". Again, even if all piracy were gone tomorrow I wouldn't be sure if people will be 'more tempted' to spend money.

Admittedly, that is ultimately just as theoretical as the opening statement here, and there will be more dynamic human decision-making processes involved, than can be described in a Forum post. And of course, it's a politically 'loaded' and contentious issue as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Tue 06 Mar 2018, 19:40

I don't use Zlorigin. I think only thing it did for sims  is make it easier to get cracked. 

I bought the Sims 3 and some expansions because I thought it deserved the money. I also bought some of the Assassin's Creed games because I thought they were good after I played a pirated version and caught them on sale. 

I am not going to buy Sims 4 because of the way EA treats it and it clearly leaving them with a lot of money because they are still releasing stupid stuff packs and game packs with content that becomes boring in a week.

I don't believe EA or Ubisoft is going to stop making games because they lose money from piracy. As it was said above piracy existed since Pc games were a thing and games are still here. 

Also I think platforms like Zlorigin will have harder time to keep their servers, or whatever they use to reach to a lot of people, up when more people starts using them. Also when more people know about it, the possibility of it somehow being blocked in certain countries rises. 

I think it's a good thing that Zlorigin exist because it shows people that piracy cannot be stopped and it doesn't actually effect the people who buy games.

All those times before Zlorigin, when we waited months for a crack of another Sims 4 expansion I never once tempted to buy it. Because I am not going to spend my money on something I get bored in a day.

Edit: Also I forgot to add that the only reason I am so good at solving my problems with pcs is because I pirated games since I was a kid and learned to solve the problems with them. I am that person someone goes to with a problem on their laptop and i fix it. And the it all started with me pirating games.
Unesty
Unesty
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top