Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Install Location

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Changing Install Location Empty Changing Install Location

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2018, 00:36

Good evening everyone,

I just bought a new laptop and it has a local hard drive but also a solid state drive. My solid state drive has WAY more space on it than my local hard drive so I was wondering if it was possible to change the install location for the sims 4? I see the option to do it when I installed the sims 3 and all of the expansion packs but when I went to install the base game for the sims 4, I couldn't see where I could switch the location. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Kita Very Happy

Back to top Go down

silent install - Changing Install Location Empty Re: Changing Install Location

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2018, 00:42

Base game from G4TW installs by default to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. You can move that folder wherever you want after installation.

If your C: partition is too small to install the base game to it, use other installer. For example you can use my repack.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 09 Oct 2018, 02:20

Yes, unfortunately that G4TW-installer always installs under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  If you cannot (easily) free up space on your system/C: drive, you will indeed have to consider using a different basegame repack.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2018, 18:59

Or as Anadius said, move that install folder to different drive and play from there.You have to install the base game first to default location, than move ( Cut/paste) the install folder to another drive and copy paste all the Expansion packs, stuff packs etc to that new location, after you have extracted them with win rar. Mine is installed on two external drives and I can play from both of them. The sims 4 folder in Documents can't be moved. All my games use that same folder.

Last edited by Loonieloose on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 19:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 04:02

Thanks all. I will try your suggestions. Smile

Kita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2018, 11:09

When you use THIS BASE GAME you can install it anywhere on your computer.
Once installed you can add-up with the G4TW downloads for the other DLC's.

You can also save yourself a lot of problems by installing the all-in-one. One download and you have all DLC's

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Oct 2018, 17:39

KitaTsuki wrote:Good evening everyone,

I just bought a new laptop and it has a local hard drive but also a solid state drive. My solid state drive has WAY more space on it than my local hard drive (...)

Kita Very Happy

Among the suggestions of using a different basegame repack it's also worth noting that for system stability reasons, you should always have a couple of Gigabytes of free space on your system drive (= the one where you have your operating system installed), so you might want to check on that as well. 3-5 Gigabytes of "buffer" should be more than enough though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top