Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZLOrigin stuck verifying game files.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - ZLOrigin stuck verifying game files. Empty ZLOrigin stuck verifying game files.

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2019, 15:31

I have already updated to the most recent patch that came out last week but when I came back from vacation yesterday I opened ZLOrigin and it said there was another patch.  It just got stuck on verifying game files.  I have done several suggested things that I found on these forums such as deleting the files in my ZClient folder and restarting that.  I downloaded a file called "DelOriginCache_" and ran that and the other file that was suggested along with it.

After deleting the cache I restarted zlorigin and now it is just permanently stuck trying to verify all my expansion packs starting with Strangerville and it won't progress in it.  This is what it looks like - https://i.imgur.com/EzqAQZ3.png

I'm not sure if I should just try reinstalling everything or I'll run into the same issue again.  If anyone could help or suggest anything it'd be massively appreciated.

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - ZLOrigin stuck verifying game files. Empty Re: ZLOrigin stuck verifying game files.

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2019, 18:30

Try just cancelling it. DLCs never change. All updates are tied to base game so validating DLCs is pointless (unless you mess up but that's rare). If that doesn't help, reinstall ZLOrigin.

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - ZLOrigin stuck verifying game files. Empty Re: ZLOrigin stuck verifying game files.

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2019, 18:57

Every time I try cancelling it it just sits there with the "cancelling update" text and never does anything.  I tried reinstalling ZLOrigin but the huge list of games is still there trying to update/verify.

This is what my client looks like with the update screen included after reinstall of zlorigin - https://i.imgur.com/t1YFSGo.png

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2019, 19:08

Try deleting the Origin cache. Run this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/295559662491795458/570645975295852599/DelOriginCache_.bat If that doesn't help then I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2019, 19:21

Yeah that didn't work either.  My zlorigin just refuses to download or do anything.  I've even tried restarting my computer and uninstalling the game.  The queue of downloads is gone now but it just sits at "preparing download".  I'll just download it from somewhere else I guess since I already uninstalled the whole thing.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Apr 2019, 19:47

cagurlie05 wrote:Yeah that didn't work either.  My zlorigin just refuses to download or do anything.  I've even tried restarting my computer and uninstalling the game.  The queue of downloads is gone now but it just sits at "preparing download".  I'll just download it from somewhere else I guess since I already uninstalled the whole thing.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Have you tried the "trick" with deleting the contents of your ZClient-folder, except ZClient.exe? And then re-starting the ZClient.exe after that?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2019, 20:29

I did try that as well a couple times.  I even tried redownloading zclient totally.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Apr 2019, 20:39

cagurlie05 wrote:I did try that as well a couple times.  I even tried redownloading zclient totally.

Yes, sorry, just saw you mentioned that in the first post. As a last straw maybe you can try again later, though I'm not even sure if that can be related to the servers that ZLO use.

Another idea is, do you have the legal Origin installed as well on that computer? If so, I'd recommend you temporarily just rename the installation folder, located by default under C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin. After which try logging into ZClient/ZLOrigin again.

If that does not work, I don't know what else will? I'm assuming you are using ZLOrigin for convenience and/or due to ISP restrictions (a.k.a. "warning letters after torrenting stuff")?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2019, 21:02

I don't have the regular origin installed on this computer.  I checked again just to make sure it hadn't somehow gotten reinstalled but it's not there.

I originally got ZLOrigin just because the patches/expansions seemed to come out sooner and I'm impatient, but I've just downloaded the repack in Anadius' comment so I'm sure that'll work.  I was just hoping I could figure out what was wrong with my ZLOrigin client but I guess it's just messed up for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Apr 2019, 21:07

cagurlie05 wrote:I don't have the regular origin installed on this computer.  I checked again just to make sure it hadn't somehow gotten reinstalled but it's not there.

I originally got ZLOrigin just because the patches/expansions seemed to come out sooner and I'm impatient, (...)

Ah, OK then.  

I'm sure that the other repacks will work.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top