Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140). [SOLVED] Empty >SetupNewsetup.cpp (140). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 01:15

After I downloaded Sims 3, I go to install it and it says

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.0.8112.16421

What can I do about it?

Back to top Go down

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140). [SOLVED] Empty Re: >SetupNew\setup.cpp (140). [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 16:12

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140). [SOLVED] Empty Re: >SetupNew\setup.cpp (140). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 08:28

Sorry, but which .rar file?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:06

Hello,

The The Sims 3 .rar file you downloaded. Did you download it from Games4theworld? If yes, then you downloaded a .rar file in which all the actual files are stored.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jun 2015, 18:39

I had this same problem when installing Fast Lane. I decompressed it using WinRAR but that didn't make a difference, I still get the error. I also tried running on compatibility mode, downloading the game again, disabling the antivirus, and my game still won't run the installer... I'm kind of frustrated, can anybody give me some advice on how to solve this?... Btw, sorry for posting in the wrong section admin, I just noticed today, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jun 2015, 02:38

EpsilonPhi wrote:I had this same problem when installing Fast Lane. I decompressed it using WinRAR but that didn't make a difference, I still get the error. I also tried running on compatibility mode, downloading the game again, disabling the antivirus, and my game still won't run the installer... I'm kind of frustrated, can anybody give me some advice on how to solve this?... Btw, sorry for posting in the wrong section admin, I just noticed today, lol.

Welcome to the forum first of all,

Please open a NEW thread, if you are in need of individual help. If multiple people post in a single thread, things only get confusing. In order to open a new thread, just click on the button "New thread", at the top left of a subforum.

I will close this (very old) topic here. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top