Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual Patch Link not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manual Patch Link not working  Empty Manual Patch Link not working

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 01:53

hello! noob here. that link for the manual patch doesn't seem to be working, is it just me? any help would be appreciated since i tried installing the game and when i was putting the pets expansion, it just said that my base game was no longer updatable, and then it also refused to let me install supernatural and seasons.
the patch i am talking about is here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v148-fix-manual-patch

I think that... maybe that is the only issue I have with installing the game...
Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Manual Patch Link not working  Empty Re: Manual Patch Link not working

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 22:49

I's not just you, it is a bad link. I was going to make a thread about this too, but you already made one. The thing is, EA moves things around sometimes, its out of our control. But I would like to know if anyone has a copy of the v1.48 iPatch they could send me. I don't know why Admin doesn't just keep it in his MediaFire (because that would be great). I have v1.47, which I found on some random obscure site I'd never heard of before after strenuous searching all day long, if you want that. I also have the No-CD crack for it so the game will work, got that from some random dudes torrent where he included it with the Windows version of the v1.47 patch. Took a couple hours to find that one too. It's not the newest but it will make the game work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 00:25

I was about to post about the same thing.. I'm trying to install the supernatural exp, and I have the un updatable error Sad saw this was the next step and can't find the manual patch anywhere else to the previous poster, may I have the link for the 1.47 version so I can see if at least I can keep installing the expansions? if you could also share the crack that would be awesome thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 03:44

Alright. Well, I don't know what the original links are so I just compressed a folder with the v1.47 patch and the 3 modified files that I use.
I can't post external links, so just go to the fileconvoy website, it's a .com, and paste this as the extension: dfl.php?id=g438b6134caa943e4999229758914d597178da0b6e
Note that this link will no longer be valid by March 2013.
The 3 files being the No-CD Crack of TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll, and the Info.plist file I always crack myself to skip the Launcher because sometimes the Launcher wont work right with the No-CD Crack and in general I just think its a waste of time. If you skip the launcher with the modified Info.plist, and combine it with the nointro.package which is not included here, then the game loads up a lot faster.

After you have patched the game, install the expansions, if you install an expansion then can't install the next one patch the game again then you should be able to install it. You must install expansion and stuff packs in order of course. Then when you're completely done installing, patch the game again. Then launch the game before applying the Crack and get the Store Updates and use the Launcher to install any custom content you have. Then add the modified files included.

To add the No-CD Crack, right click on The Sims™ 3.app and select Show Package Contents. Inside there is the Contents folder. You need to replace the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll in the Games Bin folder with the ones provided with the v1.47 patch, navigate to it through these folders:
Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin
The files you need to replace with the ones included with the v1.47 update are in that folder named Bin.

You don't need the Info.plist file to play the game, but if you want to skip the Launcher so you don't have to wait for The Sims™ 3.app to run the base game Launcher, which autocloses and runs the Launcher for the most recent expansion/stuff pack installed, which requires you to click the play button to launch that game which closes that launcher and launches the game, then you can use the Info.plist provided with the v1.47 patch. All it does is make The Sims™ 3.app run the Seasons game from the start instead of the base game Launcher which it does by default. This Launcher skip crack is very specific, only working with Seasons and probably only for v1.47.

If you don't have Seasons, just get it. Aside from buying it, you can torrent it. Games4TheWorld never makes disc copies right, so they don't work on Mac, but Reloaded and Fairlight usually have ISOs that work, which you can get from TPB.

Last edited by Crash on Sat 23 Feb 2013, 22:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 15:20

thanks! I will try this I hope it works, I used to have the game on another mac computer and never had any issue installing it... dunno what happened this time

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Feb 2013, 19:10

Hello,

When a new version of the manual patch is released, EA removes the old one for Mac OS. The old one for PC isn't removed.
I'll update the Mac links very soon, stay tuned.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 22:02

Thank you Admin, I appreciate that very much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 04:13

sorry, been kinda out of it for a bit. i also found some shady 1.47 patch and i was able to install the sims 3 plus exp. with that one.
admin, thank you for the explanation and help (also, thanks crash).

edit: it seems it's already there. thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top