Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Crashes when Saving after Building Second Floor.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Crashes when Saving after Building Second Floor. Empty Game Crashes when Saving after Building Second Floor.

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 06:09

So recently I decided I would try the midnight sun challenge. I downloaded the world and put in a rinky dink little shack to live in, got her pregnant a while later, then came back and tried to make her a new house. After building it and it crashing during save twice, I realized that the problem was when building a second story. I have no idea why, but if I build a second story onto my house, my game will crash when I save it afterwards. Does anyone know a way to fix this? It'll be kind of hard to do this challenge with only a single story house, after all.

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when Saving after Building Second Floor. Empty Re: Game Crashes when Saving after Building Second Floor.

Post by Admin Tue 26 Feb 2013, 19:49

Hello,

Let's see, do you have any mods or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when Saving after Building Second Floor. Empty Re: Game Crashes when Saving after Building Second Floor.

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 20:16

I have the store items from games4theworld and some nraas mods. But for some reason the mods aren't working so far either? I know it's not them, because I tried disabling those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 Feb 2013, 20:30

Hello,

Try backing up and removing ALL your Mods and Custom Content first, please.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 23:00

So I did some testing and apparently it was just that save that was doing it, so I moved her out of the neighborhood and that fixed the problem. Now, however, when she goes to have her baby she only resets. I don't think it's my content at all, since I already tried running the game without it. Any ideas? Gosh, sims are so glitchy these days :C

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:06

Hello,

She resets?
How exactly did you play without Mods and Custom Content? You should back them up and then remove them from the game folders (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\) COMPLETELY.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 21:07

I backed them up and removed them, but the problem still persists, so I know it's not that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 27 Feb 2013, 23:01

Hello there,

I'm almost out of options. (Don't know much about in-game problems either)
What is your base game version currently? It starts with 1.xx.xx.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 22:13

Do you mean the latest patch? I am updated to 1.50

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 01 Mar 2013, 03:49

Have you tried using resetsim to reset her before the birth? Or is she stuck mid-birth when you load up the save?

Is she resetting when at home, or the hospital?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 07:34

Hm, no I haven't tried resetting before she gives birth. Ill try that. It seems like a long shot, but it might work. And she's resetting both at home and at the hospital, so :\

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 01 Mar 2013, 21:10

Hello,

Please do let us know the result though.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top