Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Mac - Crashing game while saving after building walls at 2nd foor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Mac - Crashing game while saving after building walls at 2nd foor Empty The Sims 3 Mac - Crashing game while saving after building walls at 2nd foor

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 17:01

Hello all,

I have a problem for sometime when I want to build second floor.
I was looking everywhere at internet that somebody has the same problem a like me but no solution.
I was looking here if the problem was here too but I didn't find anything so if I'm making the same topic, please excuse me.
I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8

Problem:
When I start play a new game I can build next floor without crashing while saving. But after some time I can't build next floor. I think it is doing while I installed Seasons.
I haven't any other crash, only if I try to build next floor. This crash is when I build walls and save.
I have my game fixed and updated. But it is still doing. Crying or Very sad
I try to build walls in Summer too, because in this season you are starting playing. But it was at the end of Summer
(I thing it was 7 days untill Fall) - crashed again.
In Fall it crashed too and in Winter too.
I was thinking about that it could makes snow, rain.. I don't know. I was trying save my next floor while there wasn't splash at the town but still crashed.

If anybody knows how to bypass it and build next floor I will very glad if don't need to start new game and for begin spend money for floors which I want to have there.

Thank for your reply!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Mac - Crashing game while saving after building walls at 2nd foor Empty Re: The Sims 3 Mac - Crashing game while saving after building walls at 2nd foor

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 17:21

Heya yuki,

Let us begin with standard troubleshooting! Rename your /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder and launch the game. It will be empty of all your saves and behave like new. Try to build walls on the second floor and see if you get this error again.

Are you using any mods or custom content?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Mac - Crashing game while saving after building walls at 2nd foor Empty Re: The Sims 3 Mac - Crashing game while saving after building walls at 2nd foor

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 17:32

Ok, I'll try it. I think it takes a while, I try to build walls at Fall and save. I'll aswer how it will works.

I haven't installed any custom contant or mods.
I have only expansions: Late Night, Ambitions, Seasons, Supernatural, Generations, Showtime World Adventures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 19:43

Again crashed. Now I a little know where is a problem.
First time when I started new game I build in Fall walls for second floor.
It didn't crash.
But I tried after this to save game and after load again.
I built next floor and game again crashed. Rolling Eyes
So it is in reloading game...

Here is my txt error:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2tv9dqbt9rn3p15

I hope that we can solve it. Thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 21:41

So, I tried delete Cache:

CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
and deleted a everything in folder Thhumbnails

When I tried again built walls it didn't crash.
So I think that the error is in one of these.
I try to find the right file, but I don't know how to repair it.

--------------------

I find it, but I don't know how to debug it.
The file with bug is: compositorCache.package
Here is my file with error:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ageqdh288ij8qcm

When I delete this file, it creates there again.
Building walls working only when I delete this file and run game (saved or new game).
When I load game again without deleting this file I can't build walls without crashing game while saving.

I hope that it helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 23:56

Hm...

Try going to: (your username)/Library/Preferences/The Sims 3 Preferences and deleting the contents in that folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 01:23

The same error, and now it crashed everytime, does not matter if I delete compositorCache.package now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 01:51

Is this happening to one specific lot or family or neighboorhood? Or does this happen to any house in any town with any family?

Did you use the "moveobjects on" cheat on the lot?

(Also, are you patched fully to the latest version?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 09:49

This happening to every family (custom family too) and at every town at every custom lot or custom house.
I don't use cheats at all.
(Only if my sim is bugged resetsim, but when I started yesterday this new game with rename /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder I didn't use this cheat and it crashed too)

My game version is: 16.0.136.02001
-> fully patched and fixed.
My game is a like first time installed without any mods or an additional objects.
Only with expansions which are in my second post above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:01

uninstall seasons and dry run it check if it can run for hours without any problems a number of OSX users have claimed seasons gave them quite a lot of problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:16

I haven't any another problems with seasons. Before installing seasons I had not this problem. And after I successfully installed seasons, problem with walls is here. The game is playable normal, only when I want to build walls it crashed.
I tried to build next floor by bulldozing my lot with sims in edit town and returning my house with sims on the lot again. It worked and I could save game but it is a little lengthy...

//EDIT

I tried reinstall seasons. The error is here again.. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 17:26

well my only suggestion as what I have said seasons gives a lot of problems to OSX users is to simply skip it... I'm sorry for this lost...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 23:52

I guess I'm kinda late for this post, BUT... My only solution for crashing-free was to minimize the graphics and now I'm playing as it should be. Very Happy
Try this and let me know how it goes. Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top