Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:57

First topic message reminder :

Im having a glitch where my sim has the progress bar for university but no class schedule, classes, exams, lectures, or GPA's. Basically she goes to the university campus and does nothing having to do with school other than the option fo studying and doesnt get marks to earn credits and has no schedule. Has anyone else experienced this? I deleted all mods, and i resetSim. Neither of these things worked. On the sims 3 forums it appears to be a very popular issue. Can anyone help?

Back to top Go down

No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 18:52

I have the same problem and also I noticed that social groups doesn't work too. No matter what I do , nothing changes.

Back to top Go down

No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:16

I did that but only got social groups and day jobs working... got everything except class schedule scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:26

Just removed all mods, cache files, dropped out and enrolled. It worked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:29

Delete what cache files? please list so I could go fix this asap. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:32

All files in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup except ccmerged.package
These files:
CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
I hope it helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:37

Thanks... going to fix now

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:57

Hello,

For as far as I know, this is currently an actual bug with the game and we'll have to wait for an EA patch for a permanent fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:07

Well, I guess my method is a temporary fix for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:29

Didn't work at all but I did get the performance tab but thats it... I even used resetsim Crying or Very sad

Well EA better hurry up! Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:41

I wasted 2 hours to figure out about the problem and I've found out that the problem was about store packs and content. I think you should backup and delete them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:18

Yeah I got it to work... took out the entire sims 3 folder... now it works... probably something wrong with store content or something Sad ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:24

I figured it out! its store content! this is rediculous! of all things to cause this issue is EA's very own store content...not even custom content. i removed it and backed it up. then i dropped my sim out of uni and re enrolled her. now all is good so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 23:17

It took me hours to figure it out;

The store fixes are causing this problem. So not the store content made by EA! I remembered that a lot of players had a similar problem with seasons, that was also due to the store fixes. It is unfortunate but we must wait untill theyre updated.
Delete the store fixes from either your Mods/packages or Mods/overrides folder (make sure to delete them all!) and delete your cachefiles (as mentioned above)

If you also use Nraas Story progression than you might encounter a second problem as you load the game after deleting the store fixes. In my game the schedule finally showed up but now my sim was unable to attend the classes.
Just to make sure, Ive deleted all Nraas mods, cleared out the cache (again, lol!) but also deleted the University world files. This is important since Story Progression messed up the initial University world since it isnt programmed to assign teachers.
You can delete the two University world files by going to your documents-Saves- and then click the current game that your playing. Locate the two files with University in it. (the two end in .nhd and . package.
This way the game will regenerate a new University world. You might lose the progress youve made there in build/buy mode but at least your game will work!
(Make sure to send your sim home before doing this)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 04:58

All you need to do with StoryProgression is turn it off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:36

hey guys, i had this problem and it was easy to fix. I didnt have to delete my store content or any mod but only all the Storefixes.
So try that and let me know if it works. Your best deleting the cache too just to stop any conflicts, but i didnt have to do this to get it working, only the storefixes.

I was worried it would make most of my store content not work but i was wrong, i actually didnt notice anything go missing, all of the feb 2013 items were still there and thats the latest i have.
Even if you do lose a couple of things (not much i doubt) its best to have a working game Smile im very happy now it works Smile

Good day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:41

Me too,
If you have Store Fix mod, remove them all. If not in packages folder, it's in Overrides folder
StoreFix_UnAwesome
StoreFix_Fixes
StoreFix_DecrapFixes

And also remove Twallan Mods if you have it :
Register
StoryProgression
Traveler
Woohooer

Clearing all cache and start brand new game (because sometimes saves game will corrupts).
I did all those and i have my schedules and progress bar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:46

yup mate, very happy. Not everyone is having success still, but for 95% its the storefixes only Smile

For the extra 5% delete the mods what the post above says if you have them, if that does not help then delete all mods and content, if that doesnt help im sorry im out. The guy above is more informed than me, i could not remember the specific names of the 3 storefixes, glad he posted them Smile

peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:54

I can confirm that it is G4TW Store Fixes causing the "no class schedule" issue. Also, having any type of mod revolving around the appearance of your cellphone (if you downloaded an iPhone mod to make your cell look like an iPhone) then your Sim will be unclickable. I just confirmed this with someone else's game on a Mac, as compared to my own PC. Both Traveler and StoryProgression have been confirmed unstable for Sims 3 and Twallan still has yet to test Register and Woohooer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:48

Once I removed the store fixes, dropped out and re enrolled, and that took care of the problem. Seems that is the majority of the issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 07:41

Yeah, I was having the same issue until I removed the aforementioned mods and store fixes. Also found that, with them in, my Sim couldn't even go home without everything getting all confused. S'working now, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 09:09

I just deleted store fixes and BOOM! Worked Smile Now I can play for real

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 09:36

deleting cache And store fixes and start the sims, un roll your sim from the uni and let him/her go back to the world and then roll him/her in again,then it should be fixed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:09

i dont see any problems with it my self works fine for me must be somthing u got installed,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:21

I had the same problem, I removed the store fixes and my class schedule showed up. The progress bar doesn't show up until the Sims have their first class. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 12:39

My class schedule isn't working at all :/ I've removed the mods listed above, ive created a new neighborhood and i've cleared cache, removed store fixes etc, and still nothing works... Can someone post a picture of what the class schedule looks like when it does appear? thanks

PS. The progress bar at the side IS showing, just not the class schedule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:36

So, I'm new to all of this, so please forgive me if I get this wrong - if I delete all the StoreFix files, won't that bring back the problems I had in the first place that made me install them (like not being able to listen to tabcasts)?

Could it maybe be another solution to just re-install University without any Fixes or Mods in it? Because I heard someone say that the problem with the missing class schedule will only appear if you have those files in your game when installing University and first starting it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 16:10

The Store Fix creator has already announced that the problem is StoreFix_UnAwesome. You can only replace it.

But I have not done it yet, still fear the same thing will happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top