Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED]

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:57

First topic message reminder :

Im having a glitch where my sim has the progress bar for university but no class schedule, classes, exams, lectures, or GPA's. Basically she goes to the university campus and does nothing having to do with school other than the option fo studying and doesnt get marks to earn credits and has no schedule. Has anyone else experienced this? I deleted all mods, and i resetSim. Neither of these things worked. On the sims 3 forums it appears to be a very popular issue. Can anyone help?

Back to top Go down

No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Re: No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 15:36

So, I'm new to all of this, so please forgive me if I get this wrong - if I delete all the StoreFix files, won't that bring back the problems I had in the first place that made me install them (like not being able to listen to tabcasts)?

Could it maybe be another solution to just re-install University without any Fixes or Mods in it? Because I heard someone say that the problem with the missing class schedule will only appear if you have those files in your game when installing University and first starting it?

Back to top Go down

No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Re: No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 16:10

The Store Fix creator has already announced that the problem is StoreFix_UnAwesome. You can only replace it.

But I have not done it yet, still fear the same thing will happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 18:30

I fixed the problem. Took out my woohooer mods then cleared my cache and restarted. If the class schedule doesn't show up after that, drop out of university and enroll again. That's when mine showed up. I left my store fixes in too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 18:41

I got the same problem and I was wondering if the torrent was the problem...but i guess it´s not!
I wish the Admin or Moderators or whatever other people to fix this soooooo...GOOD LUCK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 19:38

What cache?
Sorry I am a total beginner so if u could tell exactly what to delete or replace that would be helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 19:52

Traveler mod should be removed for now as it will have a negative effect on UL (too much to explain)

StoryProgression can be turned off without having to remove it. (Causes pregnancies and marriages in UL and that's not supposed to happen. I simply turned it off and re enabled EA progression once I traveled to UL)

I've found no particular show stopping issues with Register (yet) other than the stupid unicorn that keeps popping up (I've set it to no pets or wild animals but the uni keeps appearing)

Woohooer shouldn't be a problem in default mode, or with autonomous "Try for a baby" and "risky" turned off.

I did what was suggested here. Removed the store fixes, and also did a "resetsim firstname lastname" To get the progress bar to reappear. Also cleared the cache files.

Once I did that, I had to re enroll in University.Then the class schedule returned.

Cache files:

For a PC, the cache files are located in your Documents directory (Electronic Arts/The Sims 3)

The files you should delete are: CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package.

These files will be regenerated when you load your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 19:59

TAW23 wrote:What cache?
Sorry I am a total beginner so if u could tell exactly what to delete or replace that would be helpful

Cache file in your "C:\Users\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"
CASPartCache.package"
scriptCache.package"
compositorCache.package"
simCompositorCache.package"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 00:19

If you delete the cache files and Store fixes, it should work. I did this + re installed my Store fixes and I got my class schedule + progress bar. I did this yesterday and I haven't encountered more problems since.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 08 Mar 2013, 03:08

What I did BEFORE installing University life was deleting my cache and renaming my Mods folder ("Mods_").
After installing I reverted my folder's name back to "Mods" - and so far, everything's working. each of my 5 sims has a class schedule.
And yes, I have the Store fixes installed and a few other mods: Master Controller, Debug Enabler, Career, Relativity, Consigner, Error Trap, Tempest and Overwatch.

But don't install "Story progression" yet! There are known problems with that one.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 04:06

will the ultimate fix help with this issues? i really don't want to remove my mods but my sim has no schedule at all. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 13:17

I have deleted the caches and storefix, reset sim also. Drop out school, re-enroll and IT'S WORKED perfectly. Hope it will help u guys Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 13:49

lola390 wrote:will the ultimate fix help with this issues? i really don't want to remove my mods but my sim has no schedule at all. Sad
it has nothing to do with the fix,pls check this thread the solution has been given several times, remove chache remove storefix from the mods,leave uni and re-roll into uni,there is no other solution right now then that, the creator of the storefix,is working on a solution,til then we have to be patience and have no storefix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 14:44

Same problem. I purchased this one though, so kinda thought it was an EA bug. I was wrong [my bad] it is the store fixes, i deleted them but have kept the content patch folder, note I also remove the following Nraas mods just to be safe:

ErrorTrap
Woohooer
Story Progession

I dropped out, re-enrolled and boom the schedule appeared. No performance bar, however it appeared as soon as I attended first class. Thanks guys.

Edit, I completely wiped my Caches, World Caches and Thumbnails folders. Didn't need to start a fresh save [thank god]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 15:48

Thanks for the help. I did what you said, deleted ALL cache files, and the Store Fixes from here. I dropped out, re-enrolled and now I have classes. I did have to resetsim to get the progress bar back.

Now, the main problem is that almost every community building in my home world no longer works. Some have disappeared completely. If you mouse over the icon, it shows this long text string of what the building is supposed to be, but the buildings don't work. I hope when they release new store fixes it helps. BTW, should I re-add the store fixes to the mods/overrides folder?

Thanks!
Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 17:18

hi

i did everything too and it still does not work
i'm so sad...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 18:34

I was having the same problem, no schedule for my sim was showing up. I went and deleted the store fix "StoreFix_UnAwesome", and then I tried having my sim go to the university, and walah, schedule is there! :] I'm a happy simmer, I get to keep my store items and have my schedule at the university. Very Happy Just had to get rid of that one buggy file. I hope they can fix that bugged file though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 18:49

hurray!!
i deleted all store fix in my mod folder and bim!
unroll and reroll my sims and it works Smile
yihaaa so happy

bu now i wonder why roommates pays 0 simflouz...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 18:56

im sorry for everyone having issues. it REALLY sucks and i hope you all can figure it out soon.
just came to say that removing the store fixes and then doing resetsim has fixed the problem! i also deleted my cache and removed mods just to avoid any other issues until the next patch comes out!
enjoy the game I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:35

Ok, so it totally works with the store fixes deleted. But there will be a solution for the problem soon, right? Because I really want those store fixes in my game... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:42

ChocolateThief7 wrote:Ok, so it totally works with the store fixes deleted. But there will be a solution for the problem soon, right? Because I really want those store fixes in my game... Crying or Very sad

Admin updated the store fixes. :] See? Click here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:46

ChocolateThief7 wrote:Ok, so it totally works with the store fixes deleted. But there will be a solution for the problem soon, right? Because I really want those store fixes in my game... Crying or Very sad
you can put two of them back the both store fixes but not the the storefix_unAwesome one,other two are fine and you should remove the ccmerged.package from the dcbackup and replace it with the one from the storefix, the unAwesome one is the bad file

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 21:49

Hi, i did everything u all said but i only have one bug now, i can't enter in the classroom anyone have this problem too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 02:37

If you click here, it will take you to a guide that I created here in the forums. It has been helping a lot of people with fixing class schedules, people who can't move into houses/dorms, use certain items correctly, ect. Hopefully it can help you guys out too! I know how frustrating it is, and I decided to help out by writing the guide to make things easier on people. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 18:36

Something that works for me:

in folder \document\Electronics arts\the sims 3\DCBackup

Delete all files except -> ccmerged.package

Delete this mod files -> register ; story progression ; traveller
Most of Nrass mods seems problematic (i have only the register's mod)

Many forums recommend to delete store fix files, i don't delete this files.
For info : they are in my Mods\overrides\ folder and the ccmerged in DCBackup folder (see above).

In game :That change nothing first (no shedule, etc..), return to your homeworld.

In your homeworld : you must re-enroll in the university.
In University all will be OK.

I hope this tips will help you,

No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED] - Page 3 3479271199 Happy simming !!! No Class Schedule in Sims 3 University Life! [SOLVED] - Page 3 3479271199

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 01:40

Did everything... Nothing worked. Sad Guess I'll have to enjoy and wait it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 17:00

me too.. deleted cache, storefixes, drop uni and reroll still not working.. no class sched.. Crying or Very sad

//EDIT

finally able to make it work.. followed the guide then I also deleted
the hair packages. hair packages are also the culprit that class sched
arent showing. I deleted them then bam class sched appear..progress bar
appear on the day you attend your class! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 03:26

I got mine working, followed the above steps from kytonderoga. I removed the woohooer mod[s] and traveler along with installing the new store fixes, and the schedule is showing Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top