Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused about the 'walkthrough' for installing Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confused about the 'walkthrough' for installing Sims 3 Empty Confused about the 'walkthrough' for installing Sims 3

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 22:08

I installed the 'main game' with no problem, like the guide says. When I try to install the Supernatural expansion,I'm told to update the main game. I'm not sure if I was supposed to select the update option when I was installing the main game, or do that with the patch/fix listed in the guide.

Confused about the 'walkthrough' for installing Sims 3 1490881299 Confused about the 'walkthrough' for installing Sims 3 1577371209

Last edited by Oragami on Sat 18 May 2013, 22:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong info)

Back to top Go down

Confused about the 'walkthrough' for installing Sims 3 Empty Re: Confused about the 'walkthrough' for installing Sims 3

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 23:12

Are you following this guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly or another guide?

If this guide then the instructions are pretty clear

1. Install The Sims 3 and all expansions you like, but install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.* (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)
If you get an update error when trying to install any of the expansions, do step 2 first and then continue with step 1 again.

2. After you've installed all the games you want, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. When it finished updating your game to the latest version, RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

5. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

Back to top Go down

Confused about the 'walkthrough' for installing Sims 3 Empty Re: Confused about the 'walkthrough' for installing Sims 3

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 23:21

Fields wrote:Are you following this guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly or another guide?

If this guide then the instructions are pretty clear

1. Install The Sims 3 and all expansions you like, but install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.* (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)
If you get an update error when trying to install any of the expansions, do step 2 first and then continue with step 1 again.

2. After you've installed all the games you want, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. When it finished updating your game to the latest version, RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

5. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

Yes, that's the one i'm following. I would post a link or screenshot to what I"m seeing, but my account is new and it won't let me 'directly' post it.

Actually...You're right. I think I did pull a stupid... Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe I should actually try to get some sleep? (just hit the 24 hour mark without it)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 05:20

Oragami wrote:

Yes, that's the one i'm following. I would post a link or screenshot to what I"m seeing, but my account is new and it won't let me 'directly' post it.

Actually...You're right. I think I did pull a stupid... Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe I should actually try to get some sleep? (just hit the 24 hour mark without it)

Haha its fine, I assume you are all set now having realised what you was doing? If not dont be afraid to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 13:24

Hello, not sure if I'm meant to post here? Only just joined!
Need help with my Sims 3 Pets download, I have the fixed version, downloaded and installed patch and ultimate fix, game installed fine. On launcher when I click to play it asks for the Sims 3 Pets disc?
I have followed the instructions, copied the dll and exe. files from the C:\Users\Home\Desktop\University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry's Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations and into the correct Sims 3 base game Bin folder, launched the game and it is updated, closed it completely and then replaced #crack files into Bin folder. But with no luck Sad What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks

//EDIT

Actually...Just launched the TS3 exe file which I guess bypasses the launcher?
....AND IT WORKS! Very Happy Is it alright to always use this way to play the game without using the launcher?
So happy! Thank you Games4theworld!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 25 May 2013, 21:55

LuckyStar7 wrote:Hello, not sure if I'm meant to post here? Only just joined!
Need help with my Sims 3 Pets download, I have the fixed version, downloaded and installed patch and ultimate fix, game installed fine. On launcher when I click to play it asks for the Sims 3 Pets disc?
I have followed the instructions, copied the dll and exe. files from the C:\Users\Home\Desktop\University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry's Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations and into the correct Sims 3 base game Bin folder, launched the game and it is updated, closed it completely and then replaced #crack files into Bin folder. But with no luck Sad What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks

//EDIT

Actually...Just launched the TS3 exe file which I guess bypasses the launcher?
....AND IT WORKS! Very Happy Is it alright to always use this way to play the game without using the launcher?
So happy! Thank you Games4theworld!!
Hello,

Yes, there's no problem in doing so. If you run into more problems, please open your own topic. That makes it easier for us to track individual progress. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top