Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. Empty *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 14:15

~If you wish to stay up-to-date about the latest Games4theworld The Sims news, please join THIS mailinglist!~
DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS AND READ EVERY STEP VERY CAREFULLY. DO EXACTLY AS WRITTEN BELOW, EVERY SINGLE STEP, BEFORE POSTING THAT IT DOESN'T WORK!

Hello everyone,

Seen the fact that a lot people are having problems with The Sims 3, while it works just fine, I decided to create this "guide" to show you how to install The Sims 3 correctly. If you do it this way, you'll automatically get the latest working version of the game. The steps aren't hard to understand, just READ CAREFULLY and DO NOT skip any steps!

So, these are the steps (AGAIN: do not do anything else, just do EXACTLY as written below).

(Extra note: if you are unable to 'reach' the download sites for the Ultimate fix and/or the manual patch, temporarily disable any browser adblockers; please refer to the disclaimer here for more information about the topic).

*********START***********Read each step carefully!***********START*********
Updated on: 6-12-2013

1. Download and install the The Sims 3 base game. (You may skip the "# Crack" folder. You DO NOT need to use the "# Crack"!)

2. After installing the base game, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: https://www.games4theworld.club/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v1-67-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

3. Install any expansion or stuff packs that you want. You can install as many as you want. (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)

4. Finally we have to crack the game; RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version of our Ultimate Fix here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

5. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   and choose "Copy and Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

6. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

*********END***********Read each step carefully!***********END*********

Extra note: all those folders in the Fix ARE NOT cracks, those are the original files needed to update the game, without getting the "Invalid File" error. The only crack files needed are the .dll and the .exe file in the "# Crack" folder.

Extra note 2: You'll need at least one of the following:

The Sims 3: Generations 
The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3: Pets
The Sims 3: Master Suite
The Sims 3: Showtime
The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff
The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3: Supernatural
The Sims 3: Seasons
The Sims 3: 70's, 80's & 90's Stuff
The Sims 3: University Life
The Sims 3: Island Paradise
The Sims 3: Movie Stuff
The Sims 3: Into the Future

Last edited by Admin on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 19:41; edited 38 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 22:18

Oh Thank you! This helped me alot. Luckily I alread have Generaition's, and pet's (From the actual disk) and this Site helped me alot of Lazyness to go out and Buy it ~

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. Empty Re: *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly.

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 08:11

cheers NO DOUBT!!!! It works 100%!! Just follow the directions. A real happy camper here. Keep up the good work.THANKS A MILLION!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 18:35

First off let me say, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I've been trying to get The Sims 3: Pets to work forever, and you my good sir just made it happen! Very Happy

Thanks again,

Rrumbah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 23:31

OMG! I finally did it. Ok. So, I'm gonna jot down what I was doing wrong.
1. When you install the base game, it's gonna ask you if you also want the download manager. You do. If not, you won't be able to follow trough with the last step, doing the updates. You'll get an error, something about being unable to update
2. Before cracking the game, make sure you close the sims launcher and also the sims from the system tray (alt+ctr+del). Better yet, just restart the computer and that will assure you you don't have any leftover sims opened Smile Than copy the crack as instructed.
Thank you so much for the game. I so love playing with dolls

Admin edit: You do not need the EA Download Manager (Origin). Use updating manually instead.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Feb 2012, 06:16

I am stoked! All this works gr8!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!! (I had my doubts) LoL Sometimes it's good to be wrong. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 02:05

Yeah! Its Working till now! March 05, 2012,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 09:47

MY HERO!!!!! Registered as well to say thank you for saving my sanity. I have been crying all over the internet for a blooming month! I just refuse to play without my mods and my favorite cc. Refuse to bow to EA with their crappy stuff and overpriced worlds that should be included in our EP's anyway.
My installer was totally borked, would only install Ea store items, sims and lots. I could not even use the multi installer to convert my cc to pkgs to get it to work. I quit playing for a year after LN released last year I was so mad. Went back to Sims2. I was about to quit again when I found your site and UP to DATE fix. I am so grateful.
Blowing you guys kisses from the bluegrass state across the pond!!!

Back to top Go down

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. Empty love u guys!!!1

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 05:08

Hi my name is murad and ive been downloading from here for 2 years now but i love you guys, i mean the work you do yall deserve the credit. Yall have helped me in many situations and i enjoy playing the sims 3 i hvae everyone and im downloading showtime i have downloaded everyone from here. Anyways keep up the good work!!!!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 16:59

Hello,
Finally!!! show time is out! bounce ,u guys are awesome.. Cool now i can sleep in peace..lol.
I'm currently downloading it, its taking ages.. Mad but i believe it's worth the wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2012, 14:14

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZIIIIINGGG! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUUUU!! I finally did it!!! And it doesn't crash anymore! Admin, thank you specially for your INFINITE PATIENCE that long saturday. I format my PC to Windows 7 64 Bits again and it finally worked!!! I stayed up till 1 am and I realized I didn't have the patches downloaded, so I went to sleep and this morning I tried it out! IT WORKED! The ugly part is I had to get to work and I only could make a quick Sim in the CAS. BUT IT WORKED! MY ETERNAL THANK YOU TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!
Awesome Emote Awesome Emote Awesome Emote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 19:43

Thanks so much everything works perfectly, got all the expansions and everything from the store thanks so much guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:28

iShadowLTu wrote:Thanks so much everything works perfectly, got all the expansions and everything from the store thanks so much guys.

You are always welcomed!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 06:34

Sorry. Posted in the wrong area. *embarrassed*

While I've already posted on this thread...
Thank you so much for all your hard work in providing us virus-free, working games Smile This is the one source I am assured that the games will work and that my computer won't be harmed with malicious programs. Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Mon 19 Mar 2012, 02:34

daciasil wrote:Sorry. Posted in the wrong area. *embarrassed*

While I've already posted on this thread...
Thank you so much for all your hard work in providing us virus-free, working games Smile This is the one source I am assured that the games will work and that my computer won't be harmed with malicious programs. Thank you Smile

Thank You so much! The administrator works pretty hard to ensure the quality of the fix, before it is available to you. Happy to have erned your trust! *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. 3479271199
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 06:47

Thank you, very much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2012, 10:11

You guys are just the DBs, it's taken me ages to get my sims sorted and this topic helped so much, so many thanks and keep up the excellent work Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 19:05

You guys are AWESOME. No other source for this information has been so clear and decisive. I registered here today (March, 30 2012) just to tell you that. Thanks so much. Keep up the good work and expect to hear from me in the future! *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. 1490881299

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 19:46

Thank You ... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 22:04

I followed the guide exactly and it worked. Thank you so much!!

Btw, I completely fell for the April Fools prank. I was like omg, noooo. I forgot all about April Fools so you completely had me Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Apr 2012, 23:06

I've never had a problem with sims 3 thanks to you guys. Before every installation i was really afraid because of all of the posts about sims not working on mac but in the end I was really lucky and everything worked as expected. Thank you for all the support and for beng so nice to us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 21:01

*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly. 1577371209 Very Happy I just joined today and to say thanks for all the awesomeness keep up the excellent work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Apr 2012, 05:23

Absolutely 150% Works, you guys rock!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2012, 19:22

Thank you for the tutorial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 21:10

thank you very much for this useful tutorial!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top