Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows OS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows OS Empty Windows OS

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:17

Uhh, not sure where to post this. Please move if needed. Thanks! Very Happy

So I was thinking of changing my OS to three options:

Windows 8 32bit to Windows 8 64bit << tho I'm afraid of this because I've been reading a lot of complaints from windows 8 64bit simmers that Sims 3 has become incompatible with their OS. >.<
Windows 8 32bit to Windows 7 32bit/64bit
Windows 8 32bit to Windows XP 32bit/64bit

But I'm not sure if my laptop's capable of going down to Windows XP if I initially bought my laptop with Windows 7 32bit then upgraded to Windows 8 32bit because my laptop was being shitty when it was in Windows 7 about 8 months after I bought it and it started running okay again when I had Windows 8 installed.

(BTW, Windows 7 is still installed to my laptop. IDK why, the one who fixed my laptop just leave it at that. But when I use the Windows 7 OS, it is still shitty.)

Back to top Go down

Windows OS Empty Re: Windows OS

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:41

What I find best to do is keep what you have right now, and repair your Windows 7 partition with the install disc (if you still have it).
Otherwise, you can download Advance System Care to repair Windows 7.
Then, you can still enjoy Windows 8, and if the Sims 3 really don't work on it, install them on 7.
Hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:42

If you can download drivers for Windows XP, then you can install Windows XP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 03 Jun 2013, 22:47

Hello there,

I don't think Windows XP is a good idea. Microsoft is dropping support for that one. So no more security updates and stuff like that. If you don't like the new Windows 8 interface, stick to 7.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 01:13

Is there a reason for which you wish to install a tablet OS on your PC?

My advise, stick with 7. It's the best one so far, even if that doesn't mean much...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 04:38

TUN3R wrote:Is there a reason for which you wish to install a tablet OS on your PC?

My advise, stick with 7. It's the best one so far, even if that doesn't mean much...

The person who fixed my laptop installed the Windows 8 OS because my Windows 7 was being shitty. I mean it starts to lag and hang within 5 minutes of using Windows 7. The task manager's performance tab is all the way up to 70% to 90% without programs running, so he chose to install a new OS. I had no idea that it was actually an OS for tablets until I started using it Windows OS 2279017149. So I will try Shamrock's suggestion to repair it with the windows 7 CD that I need to buy because the laptop I'm using did not come with the CD when I bought it.

Admin wrote:Hello there,

I don't think Windows XP is a good
idea. Microsoft is dropping support for that one. So no more security
updates and stuff like that. If you don't like the new Windows 8
interface, stick to 7.

Oh? Well that sucks. :/ Thanks, tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:09

You don't need to buy anything...
Either you bought the previous one and then you should have an .iso somewhere, or at least proof of buying, then you can claim an .iso.
Then you can burn the .iso on a disc (with Daemon tools, or Windows 8 does it too I think Wink ).
Or you can download a 7 version from somewhere...
Since you have it already, seems a shame to pay for it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:54

Shamrock wrote:You don't need to buy anything...
Either you bought the previous one and then you should have an .iso somewhere, or at least proof of buying, then you can claim an .iso.
Then you can burn the .iso on a disc (with Daemon tools, or Windows 8 does it too I think Wink ).
Or you can download a 7 version from somewhere...
Since you have it already, seems a shame to pay for it....

I have not seen any .iso on my laptop other than games. So I may have to download it but I'm not sure what to do next after downloading, I didn't even know that there's a download for windows 7. XDD Thanks, tho Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 12:03

You will find it on Pirate Bay. Be careful with the comments, they'll tell you if it's a good download or not.
Then you can burn it to a disc using windows 8 or Daemon Tools.
Then put the disc in your pc, shut down, and restart. Press Esc on first loading screen (before Windows), and enter the BIOS. In there, select Boot up Method, and Disc/USB must be before the others on the list.
Then restart and it should load on the disc!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 13:41

Shamrock wrote:You will find it on Pirate Bay. Be careful with the comments, they'll tell you if it's a good download or not.
Then you can burn it to a disc using windows 8 or Daemon Tools.
Then put the disc in your pc, shut down, and restart. Press Esc on first loading screen (before Windows), and enter the BIOS. In there, select Boot up Method, and Disc/USB must be before the others on the list.
Then restart and it should load on the disc!!

I will try this. Thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 14:07

Good luck and tell us the result!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 12:37

I found a pretty reliable download for windows 7 ultimate. But I have Windows 7 and Windows 8 BOTH installed to my laptop. I want to remove Windows 7 (installed when bought) and Windows 8 but don't know how. Also, I want to back-up my files from Windows 8 and transfer it to Windows 7, is it possible without using any discs or USBs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 15:09

If you have more partitions you can copy the files you want to keep in a partition where windows is not installed and when you install Windows 7 format only the partition with Windows 7/8. This is the way I do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 15:52

It is already partitioned but I only got two; one for W8 and one for W7(installed). I want to uninstall W7 and then I'll put the backup there then uninstall W8 and then install a new W7. Is that the same?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 17:26

So you have 2 partitions, both with one OS? Then you will need to copy the things you want to keep twice. If Windows 8 is the default OS copy the files to that partition, and after you're done format the other partition. After that move them to the new empty partition and start reinstalling Windows 7. You will need to delete the windows 8 partition and the small partition (100MB I think) and create them again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 09:12

Windows OS Untitl10

Here's the list of the partitions. Any idea how I would do it? I didn't quite get what you said. Sorry Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top