Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laptop won't turn on (FIX)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laptop won't turn on (FIX) Empty Laptop won't turn on (FIX)

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 20:05

Have you come across the problem of turning on your laptop, but nothing happens? DO NOT WORRY!!! There is still hope! If you listen carefully to this tutorial, I promise you that you will see the daylights of your computer again. Very Happy

Step 1
This is actually a surprisingly easy fix, but if you miss one step, IT WILL NOT WORK, so listen carefully! First things first, locate your laptop's battery. Usually it is located on the bottom of your laptop, but it just depends on your laptop brand. After you locate it, it might require you to screw it out, or just simply press a button to make it pop out. Your battery should look something along the lines of this -
Laptop won't turn on (FIX) Pl143710
But once again, it just depends on the brand. It might be a little smaller, a different color, etc. Once you've removed it, place it aside for later.

Step 2
After you've removed it, turn your laptop to the front again, and hold down the power button for around 30 seconds. Doing this drains the remaining power from your computer.

Step 3
Now the final step! Plug in your laptop's charger and turn on your computer... Your welcome Very Happy

Listen up!
IF this did not work, PLEASE check every step again and make sure you did everything right. If you did and it still doesn't work, post your problem in the comment section below. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Laptop won't turn on (FIX) Empty Re: Laptop won't turn on (FIX)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:42

Hello,

An interesting guide Smile  but if your battery itself is too old or otherwise damaged then there's probably no other way than buying a new one.

But still: thumbs up ! Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 00:03

Carlos G. wrote:Hello,

An interesting guide Smile  but if your battery itself is too old or otherwise damaged then there's probably no other way than buying a new one.

But still: thumbs up ! Wink 
Thank you for the feedback, Carlos! Razz 

I understand that you can easily just go out and buy a new battery, but this fix is just for people who don't really feel like going through the process of buying a new one, and want a quicker way to fix it. 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Aug 2013, 00:13

BitterSweet wrote:Thank you for the feedback, Carlos! Razz 

I understand that you can easily just go out and buy a new battery, but this fix is just for people who don't really feel like going through the process of buying a new one, and want a quicker way to fix it. 
While it may be slightly off-topic, this reminds me of a salesman at a computer store in my area, who suggested that laptop batteries can be wrapped in a plastic bag and put in a refrigerator overnight; which supposedly has the effect of extending the lifetime of the battery. Shocked Question Laughing

Unless someone here has a second opinion on that, I would not recommend that (although, from a chemical point of view, there's a point in this). At least I would not immediately plug in the battery after getting it out of the fridge. As with other things that you get out of the fridge, there will be some sort of "humidity" after a while - maybe even inside the battery. And if you actually use the battery in such a condition, you may damage your battery and/or your laptop.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 21:53

Carlos G. wrote:
BitterSweet wrote:Thank you for the feedback, Carlos! Razz 

While it may be slightly off-topic, this reminds me of a salesman at a computer store in my area, who suggested that laptop batteries can be wrapped in a plastic bag and put in a refrigerator overnight; which supposedly has the effect of extending the lifetime of the battery. Shocked Question Laughing

Unless someone here has a second opinion on that, I would not recommend that (although, from a chemical point of view, there's a point in this). At least I would not immediately plug in the battery after getting it out of the fridge. As with other things that you get out of the fridge, there will be some sort of "humidity" after a while - maybe even inside the battery. And if you actually use the battery in such a condition, you may damage your battery and/or your laptop.

LOL, really?

I wouldn't feel too comfortable sticking a computer battery into a refrigerator... But then again, if that's his method of fixing his laptop battery, who am I to judge?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 02:59

Carlos G. wrote:While it may be slightly off-topic, this reminds me of a salesman at a computer store in my area, who suggested that laptop batteries can be wrapped in a plastic bag and put in a refrigerator overnight; which supposedly has the effect of extending the lifetime of the battery. Shocked Question Laughing
Cool salesman is cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 25 Aug 2013, 21:58

Hello all,

I don't think the "refrigerator fix" works for new batteries any more. I remember you had to, for example, fully discharge old batteries, in order to "reset" them. If you do so with new, modern batteries, you'll most likely destroy the cells.

Anyway, if your PC doesn't turn on any more, it might also be overheated. Just leave it off - not that you have another choice, lol - for an hour or so and let it cool down. After an hour, try starting it again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top