Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game lags/freezes/crashes to desktop after update 1.55. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game lags/freezes/crashes to desktop after update 1.55. [SOLVED] Empty Game lags/freezes/crashes to desktop after update 1.55. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 22:00

Hi everyone, I've just applied the 1.55 manual patch into my game and now it seem's that there's a problem. The game actually lags and freezes a lot, it eventually crashes my game with the error message: " Sims 3 has stopped working" after like 5 minutes of gameplay. Does anybody can help please?

Last edited by Amanda Schmidt on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 16:26; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Game lags/freezes/crashes to desktop after update 1.55. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game lags/freezes/crashes to desktop after update 1.55. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 22:24

Hi and welcome to the forums

Have you updated all your mods?

Back to top Go down

Game lags/freezes/crashes to desktop after update 1.55. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game lags/freezes/crashes to desktop after update 1.55. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 22:50

Hi, thank you for your response. Yes, I've updated the two mods to 1.55 that I only had. This is kind of strange, the game ran very smoothly before the 1.55 patch, I wonder what could possibly went wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2013, 22:57

Amanda Schmidt wrote:Hi, thank you for your response. Yes, I've updated the two mods to 1.55 that I only had. This is kind of strange, the game ran very smoothly before the 1.55 patch, I wonder what could possibly went wrong

Hello,

Have you already tried any of the suggestions posted here ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

Besides, for now you could also try this here: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following things:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 16:15

Everything is fixed now, I simply cleared all the cache package files in the sims 3 folder. Thank you for your help Smile

Helper edit; Glad to hear that Smile. OK, happy simming ! I will close this now.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top