Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instructions on Installation and Update of The Sims 3 and all expansions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Instructions on Installation and Update of The Sims 3 and all expansions Empty Instructions on Installation and Update of The Sims 3 and all expansions

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 14:00

Hello! I would like someone to give me instructions in detail how to install and update The sims 3 and its expansions. I have downloaded through torrents the base game as well as the expansions. I really cannot understand the whole process of installation and updating, I really am confused! I have encountered the following problems:

1) I install the sims 3 base game, I crack it and I do not update it. It works and I can play the game.
2) If I update through the menu launcher it doesn't work.
3) I have read that I shouldn't install it through the internet, so I search for update/patch from torrents and I download them. I update the sims 3 base game and then I realise that the update is not the latest one. However, the game works.
4) After that, I install the World Adventures I crack it again and when I play the game it says that WA are incompatible with the base game so I cannot continue with the expansions that follow.

My questions are:

1) When and Where do I crack?( in base game? expansions?) How many times do I crack; Every time I install each expansion?
2) What about updates / patches? Where can I find the latest and correct ones? How do we install them? Where do we put them? In the sims bin?

Please Heeeeelp meeeee!!!!! :-((((((((((

Back to top Go down

Instructions on Installation and Update of The Sims 3 and all expansions Empty Re: Instructions on Installation and Update of The Sims 3 and all expansions

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 17:33

The first thing that you need to under stand is the order of releasing of expansions and stuff packs. You need to install them according to that order! I will post Sims 3 updater that help you to download and updates patches automatically for you and all!

Another important thing that you need to keep in your mind is please back up the original.exe and TSLHOST.dll before you crack it because you need to replace them when updating! Other wise update will show error and may you need to reinstall the whole Sims 3 and its stuff and expansion packs once again!

I recommend you to try

If you have all expansions and stuff packs then you need to install in this order

1. The Sims 3 (Base Game)
2. World Adventures (Expansion)
3. High-End Loft Stuff (Stuff Pack)
4. Ambitions (Expansion)
5. Fast Lane Stuff (Stuff Pack)
6. Late Night (Expansion)
7. Outdoor Living Stuff (Stuff Pack)
8. Generations (Expansion)

Please note that you need to install each game by updating base game! You can skip installation for those expansion or stuff pack that you wont have in the order of installation of The Sims 3 games!

Last edited by krishnanunnimr on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 07:27; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Instructions on Installation and Update of The Sims 3 and all expansions Empty Re: Instructions on Installation and Update of The Sims 3 and all expansions

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 18:48

Thanks a lot for your instructions. But, I'd like to ask you more questions in order not to make any mistake with the installation and update.

1) I have downloaded the automatic updater as you suggested. So, I install the sims 3 base game, I back up the exe and dll as you said and then I crack it? Or not?
2) After the installation I use the automatic updater (I do not use the launcher to update which is on the desktop, right?)
3) Then I install the expansions and stuff packs (I have downloaded them all) and everytime I install each one I update it with the automatic updater?
4) What about the crack? Do I apply it everytime I install expansion and stuff pack? And where do I put it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 19:15

Answers

1) Don't crack it until you have updated to latest version. And please back up only after u finish updating I mean very last update until now, not on each update Wink *Applies to base game, Expansions and Stuff Packs*
2) If you have a legit copy of The Sims 3 and expansions then surely you can! But I find that some game launcher try to update to wrong version and is messed up! So use Automatic Updater Smile
3) Yup and please don't crack anything! Just keep updating Laughing
4) If you have all the expansions and stuff packs and you have updated to latest version, then backup orginal exe and TSLHOST from The Sims 3 Generations (Because u need only to crack Generations)

And please note that apply the crack only matches the version in which you have updated Generations. You will get appropriate The Sims 3 Generation's Crack from Gamecopyworld!

Here is what my All games is up to date untill 18-June-2011!

1. The Sims 3 (Base Game) - 1.22.9.011002
2. World Adventures (Expansion) - 2.14.4.010002
3. High-End Loft Stuff (Stuff Pack) - 3.10.4.010001
4. Ambitions (Expansion) - 4.7.4.010001
5. Fast Lane Stuff (Stuff Pack) - 5.5.4.010001
6. Late Night (Expansion) - 6.2.4.010001
7. Outdoor Living Stuff (Stuff Pack) - 7.0.55.010001
8. Generations (Expansion) - 8.0.152.011001

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 18 Jun 2011, 21:48

bee wrote:Hello! I would like someone to give me instructions in detail how to install and update The sims 3 and its expansions. I have downloaded through torrents the base game as well as the expansions. I really cannot understand the whole process of installation and updating, I really am confused! I have encountered the following problems:

1) I install the sims 3 base game, I crack it and I do not update it. It works and I can play the game.
2) If I update through the menu launcher it doesn't work.
3) I have read that I shouldn't install it through the internet, so I search for update/patch from torrents and I download them. I update the sims 3 base game and then I realise that the update is not the latest one. However, the game works.
4) After that, I install the World Adventures I crack it again and when I play the game it says that WA are incompatible with the base game so I cannot continue with the expansions that follow.

My questions are:

1) When and Where do I crack?( in base game? expansions?) How many times do I crack; Every time I install each expansion?
2) What about updates / patches? Where can I find the latest and correct ones? How do we install them? Where do we put them? In the sims bin?

Please Heeeeelp meeeee!!!!! :-((((((((((
Hello,

Did you read the red letters on the front page at all?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 22:39

To krishnanunnimr : Thanks a lot for your help! Smile And my last silly question: Why do I have to back up these filles? In case I installed the next expansion or stuff pack, for example? Embarassed The sims 3 I have is not the original one I've downloaded, so I am going to use the automatic updater.

To Admin: The truth is that before asking my questions in this topic, I had a look at some other related topics to sims 3 and to the fix you have upoloaded but, I was not sure about what to do. I was confused, so I decided to ask these questions. I have one question about the fix you have uploaded here and the instructions on the installation. You say that we install the base game, the generations and then the expansions. We crack at the end of the whole process here too, right? Do we update? I don't have the authentic sims, so how do I update, through the launcher menu? And if I want to play, how do I open the game? confused cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 18 Jun 2011, 23:16

bee wrote:To krishnanunnimr : Thanks a lot for your help! Smile And my last silly question: Why do I have to back up these filles? In case I installed the next expansion or stuff pack, for example? Embarassed The sims 3 I have is not the original one I've downloaded, so I am going to use the automatic updater.

To Admin: The truth is that before asking my questions in this topic, I had a look at some other related topics to sims 3 and to the fix you have upoloaded but, I was not sure about what to do. I was confused, so I decided to ask these questions. I have one question about the fix you have uploaded here and the instructions on the installation. You say that we install the base game, the generations and then the expansions. We crack at the end of the whole process here too, right? Do we update? I don't have the authentic sims, so how do I update, through the launcher menu? And if I want to play, how do I open the game? confused cat
Hello,

First of all, even if you do not have the original games, you can still use the auto-updater in the The Sims 3 launcher. All you have to do is apply my Ultimate Fix. If you read the included "# Installation Guide.txt", it tells you exactly how to update. You just have to read very carefully.

The Ultimate Fix ís all about updating the game. You just update through the launcher. When you're done with all the steps and are ready to play, just click the big ">" icon above the launcher's menu. If everything is done right, your game should start now.

If you have any more problems, please be more specific on where your problem exactly is.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2011, 23:44

[quote="bee"]To krishnanunnimr : Thanks a lot for your help! Smile And my last silly question: Why do I have to back up these filles? In case I installed the next expansion or stuff pack, for example? Embarassed The sims 3 I have is not the original one I've downloaded, so I am going to use the automatic updater.

You do not need to back up the old files. They are provided in the ultimate fix. If ever you want to install another expansion pack or stuff pack just download the sims 3 ultimate fix and apply the original files to each game listed in the root directory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 01:14

Thank you all for your help!! I'll follow your advice and if I have any problem with the installation, I'll ask you again! Very Happy

Good night! Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:33

Admin wrote:
bee wrote:To krishnanunnimr : Thanks a lot for your help! Smile And my last silly question: Why do I have to back up these filles? In case I installed the next expansion or stuff pack, for example? Embarassed The sims 3 I have is not the original one I've downloaded, so I am going to use the automatic updater.

Hello,

First of all, even if you do not have the original games, you can still use the auto-updater in the The Sims 3 launcher. All you have to do is apply my Ultimate Fix. If you read the included "# Installation Guide.txt", it tells you exactly how to update. You just have to read very carefully.

The Ultimate Fix ís all about updating the game. You just update through the launcher. When you're done with all the steps and are ready to play, just click the big ">" icon above the launcher's menu. If everything is done right, your game should start now.

If you have any more problems, please be more specific on where your problem exactly is.

Hello Admin! I've read the installation quide again. I have more questions. I install the Sims 3 base game, then I update through the launcher? What is my next step? I install WA or Generations? Note that I don't have the original sims and I am going to start the whole process from the beginning.

Also, I see in the ultimate fix that there are updates to each expansion/stuff pack. When do I apply them? For example, I install base game, I copy the respective file from the fix to the bin and then I update through the launcher? And then I do the same things in the same order with the other expansions? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:39

bee wrote:
Admin wrote:

Hello,

Hello Admin! I've read the installation quide again. I have more questions. I install the Sims 3 base game, then I update through the launcher? What is my next step? I install WA or Generations? Note that I don't have the original sims and I am going to start the whole process from the beginning.

Also, I see in the ultimate fix that there are updates to each expansion/stuff pack. When do I apply them? For example, I install base game, I copy the respective file from the fix to the bin and then I update through the launcher? And then I do the same things in the same order with the other expansions? Rolling Eyes
Hello,

No, first apply all those original files to their respective folder.
After that, update the launcher. Now, continue with the steps. (Applying the Generations crack)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top