Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice. Empty The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice.

Post by Guest Sat 28 Apr 2018, 23:10

Good day, i tried following all the instructions in the installation thread and the sims 3 still won't run on my PC. I installed the base file first,then updated it with the patch, then installed the university life expansion pack and then the fix. Note that all the while i ensured that i didn't miss any steps. After it didn't work the first time, i uninstalled everything and cleared the data and then started to follow the prompts from the beginning. I still had the same issues, the game doesn't launch at all. Please can someone let me know what i'm doing wrong? Thanks!!!!

P.S. I ensured that i opened every installation guide in each file and followed them too.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice. Empty Re: The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice.

Post by Dracos66 Sun 29 Apr 2018, 02:47

RaphaellaDD wrote:Good day, i tried following all the instructions in the installation thread and the sims 3 still won't run on my PC. I installed the base file first,then updated it with the patch, then installed the university life expansion pack and then the fix. Note that all the while i ensured that i didn't miss any steps. After it didn't work the first time, i uninstalled everything and cleared the data and then started to follow the prompts from the beginning. I still had the same issues, the game doesn't launch at all. Please can someone let me know what i'm doing wrong? Thanks!!!!

P.S. I ensured that i opened every installation guide in each file and followed them too.

What are your system specs? CPU? GPU? RAM? OS? Anti-virus/Anti-malware?
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice. Empty Re: The sims 3 doesn't run on my PC even after following the installation instructions twice.

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2018, 04:30

It's a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 15. Intel core i5 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 pro(64-Bit),integrated intel HD graphics. The antivirus/Antimalware i have is the free verion of Avast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sun 29 Apr 2018, 05:03

The integrated Intel GPU may be your problem. Try this: Uninstall the Sims 3 and all EPs/SPs. Restart the system and execute a full boot system defrag (I recommend IOBit Defraggler but you can use the inbuilt Windows defrag).

Depending on which version of The Sims 3 you have (EA, G4TW, ZLOrigin, etc) follow the install directions except applying the cracked files until you have installed all the EPs/SPs you want. Then apply the 1.67 fix from us.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2018, 08:13

I'll try this out and update you, thank you!

Update: still didn't work. I get an error message : The sims launcher has stopped working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Sun 29 Apr 2018, 22:28

RaphaellaDD wrote:I'll try this out and update you, thank you!

Update: still didn't work. I get an error message : The sims launcher has stopped working.

Have you tried running the game as Admin? If not go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and right-click on TS3W.exe . Select Properties - Compatibility - and check Run this program as an Administrator . Click Apply and try starting the game.

Also make sure to close any unneeded programs/apps to free up RAM and CPU cycles.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2018, 23:49

Still the same thing. I think I have to give up now. Thank you for all the help!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2018, 00:22

Hi! Please help me! I installed the base game, but after updating the game or installing an expansion pack it will not start. I followed the instructions. What should I do?  Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top