Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skidrow Gave Me A Virus! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skidrow Gave Me A Virus! [SOLVED] Empty Skidrow Gave Me A Virus! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 17:27

Please excuse my language but that Censored  gave me Adware, spyware and internet browser hacks! Here is a picture to prove it! [ I edited the pic so you can't see my desktop.] 
Skidrow Gave Me A Virus! [SOLVED] Edited_zps1058c31b
But I can't believe it! Everyone hypes about Skidrow yet he gave me Malware at first. I managed to delete the virus but weeks later he added Adware and a browser hijack which I had to remove with other software.

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "Maintenance and virusses". Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Skidrow Gave Me A Virus! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Skidrow Gave Me A Virus! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 17:45

sims3hope wrote:Please excuse my language but that Censored  gave me Adware, spyware and internet browser hacks! Here is a picture to prove it! [ I edited the pic so you can't see my desktop.] 
Skidrow Gave Me A Virus! [SOLVED] Edited_zps1058c31b
But I can't believe it! Everyone hypes about Skidrow yet he gave me Malware at first. I managed to delete the virus but weeks later he added Adware and a browser hijack which I had to remove with other software.
Hello,

I don't know Skidrow that much, but the few things that I downloaded from them were OK.

You might try going into "safe mode" and from there, start a complete scan of your computer. However, Windows 8 seems to work a bit differently than my Windows 7: http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

//EDIT

The thing with the "safe mode" is only a suggestion by me. Wink  Theoretically, that virus thing could "sit" more deeper in your computer; going into safe mode is then a possibility to get rid of the stuff completely.

And please, try not to use any swearwords, although I can understand your frustration. Wink

//EDIT 2

Can you also tell us what that download was - don't post a link here, but just tell me the name of that download.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 23:43

Carlos G.Hello, wrote:
I don't know Skidrow that much, but the few things that I downloaded from them were OK.

You might try going into "safe mode" and from there, start a complete scan of your computer. However, Windows 8 seems to work a bit differently than my Windows 7: http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

//EDIT

The thing with the "safe mode" is only a suggestion by me. Wink  Theoretically, that virus thing could "sit" more deeper in your computer; going into safe mode is then a possibility to get rid of the stuff completely.

And please, try not to use any swearwords, although I can understand your frustration. Wink

//EDIT 2

Can you also tell us what that download was - don't post a link here, but just tell me the name of that download.

I downloaded Black ops . And no the viruses are completly gone. I reset my PC. It's like how it was when I bought it except I have my pictures and that's it. 

Sorry I'm new to the updated forum layout, I don't really like it. :[

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2013, 23:59

sims3hope wrote:I downloaded Black ops . And no the viruses are completly gone. I reset my PC. It's like how it was when I bought it except I have my pictures and that's it. 

Well, I'm happy to hear that ! What I always found interesting was that if you scanned a download beforehand, most anti-virus software don't seem to be able to detect virusses. But after extracting/installing the stuff (= when it's too late), there appears a "virus warning"...

OK, is there anything else I can help you with ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 00:13

Carlos G. wrote:
sims3hope wrote:I downloaded Black ops . And no the viruses are completly gone. I reset my PC. It's like how it was when I bought it except I have my pictures and that's it. 

Well, I'm happy to hear that ! What I always found interesting was that if you scanned a download beforehand, most anti-virus software don't seem to be able to detect virusses. But after extracting/installing the stuff (= when it's too late), there appears a "virus warning"...

OK, is there anything else I can help you with ?
No, I actually was told by my anti virus that it was found as "harmful" but I downloaded it anyway cause for 1. I've heard nothing but good things about Skidrow and 2. Most torrents can be found as "hacks" cause I was downloading the crack which my laptop saw as harmful cause of the way it's supposed to work. Anyways I do have a question and I don't mean to be nosy but do you by any chance know why TUN3R got banned? I ask because he has helped me with almost all of my problems and I saw him as a moderator, in fact I think he was a Sims 3 Moderator, not sure though but I'm sure if Lady Eldi got banned others would be asking why she got banned. I understand if you can't tell or if you don't know. I feel really bad asking cause I'm not one to butt into people business.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Aug 2013, 00:22

sims3hope wrote:No, I actually was told by my anti virus that it was found as "harmful" but I downloaded it anyway cause for 1. I've heard nothing but good things about Skidrow and 2. Most torrents can be found as "hacks" cause I was downloading the crack which my laptop saw as harmful cause of the way it's supposed to work. Anyways I do have a question and I don't mean to be nosy but do you by any chance know why TUN3R got banned? I ask because he has helped me with almost all of my problems and I saw him as a moderator, in fact I think he was a Sims 3 Moderator, not sure though but I'm sure if Lady Eldi got banned others would be asking why she got banned. I understand if you can't tell or if you don't know. I feel really bad asking cause I'm not one to butt into people business.

Look into your PM inbox. Wink 

Otherwise I will close the topic now.

- Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 25 Aug 2013, 22:02

Hello,

Just to let you all know: Skidrow is a safe crack provider, but they do not have an official website - even though lots of website will try to convince you they are the official Skidrow website - and therefore anyone can upload a torrent/download on behalf of Skidrow.
You most likely got the virus of a fake website/download. But hey! You can always stick to Games4theworld. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male