Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated Sims, Lost Worlds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updated Sims, Lost Worlds Empty Updated Sims, Lost Worlds

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 22:45

Hi there,

I recently updated my Sims 3 ( I had all the expansion packs up to but not including showtime) to 1.55, and now, I only seem to have 3 worlds.

The game wouldn't boot, so I deleted my local Sims 3 files to force the game to create new ones ( I'd backed up my My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) But I haven't added them back in. 

Before the update, i'd been playing on Hidden Springs, among other worlds, but now It tells me that I must pay 2,000 SimPoints to buy Hidden Springs, and Barnacle Bay just isn't on the list. Bridgeport, and the default ones are, though, and others that it wants me to buy (Lunar Lakes, ect.).

Is there any way to get my old worlds back, or get these worlds for "free"

Back to top Go down

Updated Sims, Lost Worlds Empty Re: Updated Sims, Lost Worlds

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Sep 2013, 22:50

dgreen wrote:Hi there,

I recently updated my Sims 3 ( I had all the expansion packs up to but not including showtime) to 1.55, and now, I only seem to have 3 worlds.

The game wouldn't boot, so I deleted my local Sims 3 files to force the game to create new ones ( I'd backed up my My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) But I haven't added them back in. 

Before the update, i'd been playing on Hidden Springs, among other worlds, but now It tells me that I must pay 2,000 SimPoints to buy Hidden Springs, and Barnacle Bay just isn't on the list. Bridgeport, and the default ones are, though, and others that it wants me to buy (Lunar Lakes, ect.).

Is there any way to get my old worlds back, or get these worlds for "free"
Hello,

Go to your old "The Sims 3" folder. Now, copy the following stuff:

-the folder "Installed Worlds"
-the folder "DCCache"
-the folder "Downloads"

Now, paste all of this into your NEW "The Sims 3" folder; overwrite the existing files/folders. Then start the game and see if you have your stuff back.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:04

I was just in the process of copying the Installed worlds, but I wouldn't have thought of the others, Thanks! i have them all back now!

Two small questions;

Will I be able to sign in with my sims account, or should I not because pirated ect.?

and will it be safe just to move my old 1.28 Backup in, to get my saves and mods (tattoos) or will anything have been changed that wont work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:10

dgreen wrote:I was just in the process of copying the Installed worlds, but I wouldn't have thought of the others, Thanks! i have them all back now!

Two small questions;

Will I be able to sign in with my sims account, or should I not because pirated ect.?

and will it be safe just to move my old 1.28 Backup in, to get my saves and mods (tattoos) or will anything have been changed that wont work.
Hello,

I'm not sure about the thing with the account, probably you need to have at least one bought game or expansion. You cannot use the serial numbers of cracked games for creating an account, as these serials have been "blacklisted" long time ago already. You can watch out for special offers of Sims 3 games, and then buy one to get a valid serial number.

And yes, you should be able to put your old savegame back in. Just go again to your old "The Sims 3" folder, copy the whole folder "Saves" and then paste it into the new "The Sims 3" folder again.

//EDIT

About the mods: you need to make sure that the tattoos are compatible with the 1.55 version of the base game.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:14

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

I got Late night and the base game in the humble bundle, but never installed them because I already had them, they're registered to my sism account through origin. I doubt i'll bother signing in, anyway.

Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:17

dgreen wrote:Awesome, thanks a bunch!

I got Late night and the base game in the humble bundle, but never installed them because I already had them, they're registered to my sism account through origin. I doubt i'll bother signing in, anyway.

Thanks for the help!
Is there anything else I can help you with ? Otherwise, I'll close the topic then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:27

Nothing else at the moment, really. It gets stuck at the loading screen after I added my Mods and Saves back in so there' probably a problem with one of them. I'm sure i'll be able to delete them and find out. 

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:32

dgreen wrote:Nothing else at the moment, really. It gets stuck at the loading screen after I added my Mods and Saves back in so there' probably a problem with one of them. I'm sure i'll be able to delete them and find out. 

Thanks!
The loading of a game can take a while, and like I said before: you need to make sure that ALL your mods (".package" files) are compatible with the base game version 1.55.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top