Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Your Download with Older Patches? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using Your Download with Older Patches? [SOLVED] Empty Using Your Download with Older Patches? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 20:48

Hi guys,

I've been looking around as a guest for awhile and have tried this on my own with no luck. I haven't touched Sims 3 in years but really would like to pick up my old game. I got a new comp recently and am trying to get it set up on this one. When I played before I had no expansion packs and kept my game at update 1.19.44, had a ton of mods for that patch level and everything ran smoothly. I'd really like to keep that set up on this comp too. I keep reading where the mods tell to update to the latest patch, but I'm hoping it's possible to patch it only up to 1.19? I just have no interest in all the new stuff they continued to add to the game. Please say you can help!

Also you guys are amazing for helping out with all the problems posted, thank you  =)

Back to top Go down

Using Your Download with Older Patches? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Using Your Download with Older Patches? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 23:23

Nope, sorry, that is not possible.
The Ultimate Fix is for the latest version only, so you will need to get updated mods to play them...

Back to top Go down

Using Your Download with Older Patches? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Using Your Download with Older Patches? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 00:13

Thanks for the response! I finally got this working, with a mix of stuff from piratebay and gamecopyworld (I'd never even heard of that site before today). I'm gonna stay lurking around here though as you guys are really on top of things  =)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 16 Sep 2013, 00:49

tinibutton wrote:Thanks for the response! I finally got this working, with a mix of stuff from piratebay and gamecopyworld (I'd never even heard of that site before today). I'm gonna stay lurking around here though as you guys are really on top of things  =)
Hello,

Well actually this is possible, you can download the temporary fix here (which is Nraas NO-CD mod, compatible with all versions). Just apply it like applying the mods. Bear in mind you must apply 1.19 manual patch again before applying the mod, or else it may raise problems.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 01:34

Hey thanks, I didn't even think of nraas mods, I actually have a bunch of his. I did end up getting it figured out, but if I have any probs in the future I'll remember his no cd mod.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 07:25

Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 03:12

No that was it! Thanks again, you can close the thread if you want.  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 17 Sep 2013, 03:15

Hello,

Feel free to ask any questions you want in the future!
Topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down