Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes while trying to load or create a world (Island Paradise). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes while trying to load or create a world (Island Paradise). [SOLVED] Empty Game crashes while trying to load or create a world (Island Paradise). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 18:48

Hello,
I've recently installed Island Paradise and whenever i try to create or load a world, it crashes halfway. I followed all the instructions properly and i'm trying to apply the Ultimate Fix on it yet but it's still downloading. I'll edit this post when i apply the Ultimate Fix.

Back to top Go down

Game crashes while trying to load or create a world (Island Paradise). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes while trying to load or create a world (Island Paradise). [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 30 Oct 2013, 18:52

Hello!

The ultimate fix should fix any crashing issues you may have.  Before installing an expansion, however, you do want to backup your save data and remove any mods, prior.

You can back up your save data pretty easily.  Instructions can be found: here.  

Let us know if there is any progress. Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Game crashes while trying to load or create a world (Island Paradise). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes while trying to load or create a world (Island Paradise). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 23:24

Hello,
I have recently applied the Ultimate Fix and sadly it still crashes.
It crashes not halfway but when finished loading the game.
EDIT: I have also applied the Ultimate Fix from this site: goo.gl/CXnCmP but the game still crashes.goo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 01 Nov 2013, 01:36

Do you currently have any mods or customizable content on your game?  If there is an issue with the Fix, it tends to give errors while attempting to get INTO the game, not during or when attempting to make a family in CAS.

Please follow these steps and see if it helps:

1. Go into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.
2. Copy the entire Sims 3 folder and paste it at a different location (for example, your desktop) as a backup folder in case something goes wrong. This will save anything you may need later and keep it intact.. i.e., all of your saves. lol
3. Delete the following files from My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 (not the backup folder):
        CasPartCache.package: [CAS parts that appear in Create-A-Sim]
        compositorCache.package: [New objects that would appear in Buy/Build mode]
        scriptCache.package: [Mods or Hacks]
        simCompositorCache.package: [New Sims, default skins]
        socialCache.package.package: [Information about social aspects (Introduced with Patch 1.31)]
4.  Open the Content Patch folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Content Patch) and delete ContentPatch.package.
5.  Open the Download Folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Content Patch/Download) and delete all of the files ending in    .part
6.  Open the the folder DCCache just inside of The Sims 3 folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCCache) and delete all of the files in there.
7.  Delete all of the files inside of DCBackup (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCBackup)
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 02:00

I have tried your method, and sadly it still crashes while trying to load the game.
EDIT: Okay, i removed ALL my mods and CC's, and tried the game again, it's not crashing ATM but it's taking WAY too long to load, about 25 minutes passed and it's still not finished loading

Last edited by 12:51 on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 02:39; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 01 Nov 2013, 02:11

12:51 wrote:I have tried your method, and sadly it still crashes while trying to load the game.
Okay, if you could just do me a favor and pull up the .pdf that is in the Ultimate Fix .rar. 

What date does it give you that it was last updated?  It may not say "last updated", however there should be a date towards the upper area of the file.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 02:41

23rd of October, 2013.
BTW, as i said in my edited post above, i uninstalled all my CC's and Mods and tried loading the game again, it's not crashing ATM but taking way too long to load. Almost 30 minutes have passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 04:14

The date of the installation guide should be 31st October, not 23rd October.

Can you redownload the Ultimate Fix again? Also the link you've shown us is not correct.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 05:57

Alright, i have downloaded the updated Ultimate Fix and i checked the PDF file, it says 10-31-2013. I recently applied the files in the #Crack folder and i'll test the game to see if it works now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 06:25

Sorry for double posting, if it's against your forum policy.
After applying the crack, i can successfully say that my game no longer crashes! Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime 
However it took like 30 minutes to load, but that can do Smile
Thanks again for fixing my problems, G4TW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 01 Nov 2013, 18:54

Glad you could get your game up and running!  Wink

Let us know if you have anymore problems or questions!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 18:59

Problem solved, topic closed.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top