Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into The Future Portal Crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Into The Future Portal Crashes Empty Into The Future Portal Crashes

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 04:08

Having used your guide to install the Sims 3 https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly after downloading Into the future (not from this site) ,
I started to play the game and tried using the Portal to go into the future but the game crashed every time i exited the portal so I had to save the game just before it crashed after I exited the portal and then reload the game I could play without any problems now I have found that I cannot return to the present using the portal because the game crashes even before I can exit it in the present
I would be very grateful for any advice please

Back to top Go down

Into The Future Portal Crashes Empty Re: Into The Future Portal Crashes

Post by J.T. Mon 04 Nov 2013, 09:11

Can you re-download the Ultimate Fix and try applying it again?

In the meantime, can you me the source of download of Into The Future? We (as in Games4theworld team) cannot guarantee that your download from elsewhere is safe and problem-free.

Also, do you have any mods/Custom Content installed? Remove the folder "Mods" completely from the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 if you do.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 20:45

Thanks for the reply, I have removed the Mods folder and also re-downloaded the Ultimate Fix I even tried running the game without CC and removed the .dbc file but the game still crashes when going back through the Portal
My next plan is to uninstall Into the future and install the version from this site to see if that may help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Nov 2013, 21:04

Finally I have got my game running OK now after re-installing Into the Future (from here) I then followed this guide https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013 which did not seem to help so then I tried this https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13872-game-crash-to-windows and finally I removed my save games and the Mods folder all that seems to have fixed whatever was wrong

This is such a great site and I am glad to have found it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top