Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Error "To install the Sims 3 University Life you must already have the Sims 3 installed"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Error "To install the Sims 3 University Life you must already have the Sims 3 installed" Empty Help! Error "To install the Sims 3 University Life you must already have the Sims 3 installed"

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 14:16

Please help! I've read through all the other posts I could find on this error and nothing seems to be working - I thought at first it was that I hadn't updated my game to the latest version but I just manually installed the patch and it says its updated to the most recent version but still comes up with the error message. I've tried putting it in a separate folder and using the .localized and nothing seems to be working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Smile

Back to top Go down

Help! Error "To install the Sims 3 University Life you must already have the Sims 3 installed" Empty Re: Help! Error "To install the Sims 3 University Life you must already have the Sims 3 installed"

Post by Dieneryn Thu 19 Dec 2013, 15:46

Hello,

There are actually two Applications folders in the Mac that your base game could be. Please try both to make sure that you are choosing the right folder during set up Smile

Let us know if that works Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Help! Error "To install the Sims 3 University Life you must already have the Sims 3 installed" Empty Re: Help! Error "To install the Sims 3 University Life you must already have the Sims 3 installed"

Post by Guest Fri 20 Dec 2013, 01:44

Hi Dieneryn, 
Thanks, I tried both folders but its still not working :S. Is there anything else I could try?

I'm now also getting an error with my base game (which previously worked perfectly) saying that I need to insert the disc to play. Getting super frustrating, any help would be very much appreciated!!

Last edited by cluelesskelly on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 16:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra information)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 23 Dec 2013, 03:37

Hello,

Sorry for the late response. May I know where you downloaded your base game from? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top