Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help (serious virus problem).

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help (serious virus problem).  Empty Help (serious virus problem).

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 10:28

The first day at collage I inserted a flash memory in there computers because i am studying computer science and from that day 3 flash memory are infected and laptop and desktops are all infected i think its a Trojan since it is making shortcuts of the files and hiding them and it is also making a file called .trashes i tried the Trojan remover on this site but it didn't work i tried to format the flash memory but the problem is still i tried to scan it with avira which i suppose its a virus not a anti virus and it didnt detect any thing please help me i have a 8 GB full memory with very important information and i don't want to lose them this virus is driving me crazy  
 FUU!

Back to top Go down

Help (serious virus problem).  Empty Re: Help (serious virus problem).

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:41

trojen100 wrote:The first day at collage I inserted a flash memory in there computers because i am studying computer science and from that day 3 flash memory are infected and laptop and desktops are all infected i think its a Trojan since it is making shortcuts of the files and hiding them and it is also making a file called .trashes i tried the Trojan remover on this site but it didn't work i tried to format the flash memory but the problem is still i tried to scan it with avira which i suppose its a virus not a anti virus and it didnt detect any thing please help me i have a 8 GB full memory with very important information and i don't want to lose them this virus is driving me crazy  
 FUU!

Hello,

You may try "ESET Nod Anti-Virus" (available from Games4TheWorld) and/or "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" (look on Piratebay). But maybe someone else has better suggestions for other programs. Smile

Then the next thing should be for you to disconnect your computer from the internet; also make sure to plug out any network cables or similar connections. This means you should ISOLATE your computer from anything, basically. And don't plug in any other devices (USB drive/external hard-drive) either, during the scan.

Maybe it might be a good idea too to backup your important stuff from the computer somewhere, before you plug in the (infected) flashdrive; but that's up to you.

Anyhow, scan your flashdrive with both ESET and Malwarebytes. See if these programs can get rid of the virus...

After that, I would suggest you go into safe mode, and then perform a scan of your whole computer, again with both programs. If you can't get rid of the virus, then I'm unsure; maybe another anti-virus program could help, besides those I mentioned.

From my own experience during my time at university, please, ALWAYS make sure that you make several backups of your stuff (documents/presentations or whatever). Backup the stuff on external hard-drives, other USB flashdrives or you can even use DVD-RW or CD-RW discs. Whatever - just make sure you have at least one backup. Wink 

Let us know if that helped ! We'll try to assist you with what we can. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 01 Jan 2014, 01:39

Hello there,

You say that you already formatted the flash memory, right? If you did that correctly, all your data should be deleted from the flash memory. Can you confirm this?

If you want to do a full system scan, I highly recommend using a bootable anti-virus disc and use that to scan the complete system, without Windows actually running. (So EVERY file can be checked) This is the most effective way to remove viruses. (But it needs quite some patience, if you have lots of files)
Always make sure that you use the latest virus signatures. (You can update via the bootable disc interface, after booting via the disc)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Jan 2014, 08:46

Admin wrote:Hello there,

You say that you already formatted the flash memory, right? If you did that correctly, all your data should be deleted from the flash memory. Can you confirm this?
(...)

Indeed, I actually interpreted this in the sense that the OP didn't yet format the drive, and just "thought" about it.  Embarassed

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 01 Jan 2014, 19:06

Carlos G. wrote:
Admin wrote:Hello there,

(...)

Indeed, I actually interpreted this in the sense that the OP didn't yet format the drive, and just "thought" about it.  Embarassed

Hi there,

Well, let's hope so... Razz Facepalm
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top