Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck on Saving screen after building/furnishing. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck on Saving screen after building/furnishing. [SOLVED] Empty Stuck on Saving screen after building/furnishing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jan 2014, 07:51

Hi, so I've encountered this problem and because of it I cannot build or furnish a new lot. When I build and furnish it runs fine, but as soon as I decide to save the game, the game just continues saving...it could be almost 5 hours and the saving screen will be still running unless I go on task manager and force quit, losing all my progress.

Is it perhaps corrupted CC? If so, is there a program that I can detect and delete whatever is causing the game to act that way?
Can it be fixed if I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game?

please help.

//EDIT

bump.
can i get any help please?

Moderator edit: stop bumping and use the "edit"-button if you want to add anything to your post.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Stuck on Saving screen after building/furnishing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Stuck on Saving screen after building/furnishing. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Jan 2014, 22:27

VanessaChilliams2 wrote:Hi, so I've encountered this problem and because of it I cannot build or furnish a new lot. When I build and furnish it runs fine, but as soon as I decide to save the game, the game just continues saving...it could be almost 5 hours and the saving screen will be still running unless I go on task manager and force quit, losing all my progress.

Is it perhaps corrupted CC? If so, is there a program that I can detect and delete whatever is causing the game to act that way?
Can it be fixed if I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game?

please help.

//EDIT

bump.
can i get any help please?

Hello,

First of all, please read the PM I sent to you.

Next, can you tell me a little bit about your computer specs, especially if your Windows is a 32 or 64-bit version and how many GB of RAM your computer has.

Then, when did this error occur ? What did you do before this happened ? Although it sounds radical, try going to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like.

Re-start the game, and see if the same glitch occurs.

Theoretically, you could use "Delphy's dashboard" (google for it) to identify some incompatible CCs, but it's not really reliable. Then, you could filter the content one by one, though it's very time-consuming if you have a lot of CCs.

Try the folder renaming and just see if it works, so that we can go further. Good luck, and let us know about your progress !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Stuck on Saving screen after building/furnishing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Stuck on Saving screen after building/furnishing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 22:32

this was resolved a while back, and i apologize for my hostility @Carlos. 

thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Feb 2014, 22:50

VanessaChilliams2 wrote:this was resolved a while back, and i apologize for my hostility @Carlos. 

thanks for your help.

No problem, I'm used to these things. Razz

Can I help you with anything else or can I close this topic ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Feb 2014, 07:14

yes, this can be closed.

Mod edit: Topic closed. Smile 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top