Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Guest Mon 19 May 2014, 03:08

Hello

I have this problem for so long now,and I re-installed every expansion/base game one by one for 5-7 times already.
I downloaded a full torrent of The Sims 3 with added expansion disc iso. files.I've been using that to install it every now and then.Its in my HDD.I installed it fully a month ago,with full expansions from World Adventures to Into The Future.I never had in-game problems at all for a full month besides occasional freezes during CAS/plan outfit.
One night before going to sleep I simply saved my game and went to sleep.*Sorry for too much info here,I'm trying to not miss any detail needed on the issue* Next day,I tried running the game,and I got " Error during startup. See log for more details." this first.Usually when I run into a problem with my game I only re-install my base game,apply manual patch,then Ultimate Fix.Tried that first.It didn't work.So,I went through with the fix in the video in  " https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix "
didnt work.
I applied "The Ultimate Fix" ,which solved any problem I had before.Didn't work either.
Went through a full re-installation,with and without manual patch.Then my error changed to " Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" So I went through another full re-install.No changes.
Heard removing The Sims 3 folder in My Documents would fix it.I did that,it only changed the error I'm getting yet again,which is now;  " Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)"

I've tried everything I could to fix it,but no luck yet.Hope someone could help me on this x-x.

I'm running the game on Windows 8 Pro 64 bit.

Thanks so much in advance.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 May 2014, 15:00

Hello,

Usually this translates into a problem with mods or caches. Please try this: go into Documents\Electronic Arts and rename your "The Sims 3" folder. (note: This is not the folder in your install directory!)
Now try to start the game.

If that works, you can get your save games and extra content from the renamed folder and copy them to the new one that has been created by the game.
If the problem reoccurs, there's an issue with a mod or other custom content.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Guest Mon 19 May 2014, 16:47

Hello,thanks for your reply 
I tried what you suggested,it didn't work either *hopefully did it right,just renamed folder to the same*,same thing happening.
I was wondering though,if its a problem with a mod or CC,how could it still be there as i removed all of them while getting a clean installation process?>:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 May 2014, 14:50

No one have any fix for me? >:
I guess ill format my pc,I've tried everything I could think of

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 14:20

I honestly have the same problem currently and I've gone trough every thread that I could stumble upon, that had the same problem, but people seemed to have fixed it, without explaining how and now I'm just stuck.  silent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top