Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 01:48

Facepalm I'm having a lot of trouble with getting my game to open lately.

I have these expansions:

• Ambitions
  • Generations
  • Into the Future
  • Late Night
  • Seasons
  • and Supernatural

When I try to start the game, I get an error message saying Service Initialization Failed (0x039e8474). I tried googling and seeing if anyone else got the same error on these forums, and tried the fixes they used. I've tried running as an administrator. I tried moving all the files in My Documents/The Sims 3 to the desktop and running again. I redownloaded the Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch and applied both exactly according to the pdf instructions, as well as watching the provided Youtube video. My files are kept in C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts. I still can't open anything.

Don't really know what to do. Please help?

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Mar 2014, 12:09

velriq wrote:Facepalm I'm having a lot of trouble with getting my game to open lately.

I have these expansions:

• Ambitions
  • Generations
  • Into the Future
  • Late Night
  • Seasons
  • and Supernatural

When I try to start the game, I get an error message saying Service Initialization Failed (0x039e8474). I tried googling and seeing if anyone else got the same error on these forums, and tried the fixes they used. I've tried running as an administrator. I tried moving all the files in My Documents/The Sims 3 to the desktop and running again. I redownloaded the Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch and applied both exactly according to the pdf instructions, as well as watching the provided Youtube video. My files are kept in C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts. I still can't open anything.

Don't really know what to do. Please help?

Hello,

Usually there aren't that many explanations for this issue. Is your base game from Origin ? If so, you need to paste the #crack-files from the Ultimate fix to C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Another explanation could be that you remove ALL your mods, if you have any. After you removed the mods, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and delete the file scriptCache.package. Although this solution with the mods is rather rare.

And of course, the most important thing is that you re-read this here and (re-) do the steps from #2 to #4, even if you insist you "did it right", please have another look: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2014, 03:04

Hello, thanks for the response!

I wasn't using an Origin version, just the Sims download that Games4theworld provides. I tried removing my entire Sims 3 directory from My Documents, so I don't think it was the mods or the sciptcache. A completely clean slate didn't work either. I redid the crack and still got the error, so I ended up completely uninstalling the game, removing the Sims 3 files from the registry, and reinstalling the base game and expansions from scratch. Looks to be working now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top