Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode Empty Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 04:51

Hi,

My game has been crashing when i'm in the buy-mode. The screen would just hang there and then an error message would say that the Sims 3 has stop working and the whole game will close without saving. Sad

I have this problem for the 3rd time. I didn't try playing without going to the buy mode though.

I have installed these expansions :
High-end loft
Ambitions
Fast lane stuff
generations
into the future

I dl-ed the 1.67 patch and apply the fix from this link : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Anyone has a solution to my problem? Really want to play it Sad

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode Empty Re: Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 05:11

Hi there! 

Is this the first time you are running the game? I mean, did it work at all at any moment or it has been this way since you installed it for the first time? 

Also, do you have any CC or Mods installed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 05:14

Hi,

No, this is not the first time i'm installing. I have installed and play successfully a year or 2 back. But right now, when i'm starting to play again, with the new expansions, Into the Future. I get this problem.

Sorry, what's cc or mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 05:22

CC is custom content (objects, hair, clothes...) that you can download for your game. Mods are modifications that alter the gameplay or functionality of the game. Smile

You should try the steps that are in this link, to see if any of those work for you:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Let us know if it works or not, then we can search for another solution. Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 05:26

Nope, i don't think i dl-ed and install an CC. The only thing i install additionally is the Roaring Heights Gold and the Boardway. Are those 2 considered as CC?

When i open the game launcher, i will see this error message. Does it matter if i click a yes or a no?

Thanks!

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode Captur10

//EDIT: Another one that i will receive.

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode Captur11

//MOD EDIT: Please do not double post but edit your posts like I did.
Thank you.
Shamrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 05:34

oreeoxx wrote:Nope, i don't think i dl-ed and install an CC. The only thing i install additionally is the Roaring Heights Gold and the Boardway. Are those 2 considered as CC?

When i open the game launcher, i will see this error message. Does it matter if i click a yes or a no?

Thanks!

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode Captur10

You should still maybe disable those to see if the problem is there. Instructions for disabling them are in the link that I posted earlier.

oreeoxx wrote:Another one that i will receive.

Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode Captur11

One recommendation: Please don't double post. You can edit the first of these two posts clicking in "edit" at the top of it to add extra information. Sorry, those are the forum rules Wink

But no, as long as those messages don't prevent you from starting the game or using the launcher properly, it doesn't really matter that those appear (or the option you choose). They are annoying, that's true. One possible fix is to make sure that Java and Flash Player are properly updated and to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 05:41

Hi,

Oh. So sorry about that >< New to this forum. I'm trying out the steps in the link you have provided earlier. Hopefully it will solve the issue.

But may i know if the Roaring Heights Gold and the Boardway arre considered as CC?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 05:46

oreeoxx wrote:Hi,

Oh. So sorry about that >< New to this forum. I'm trying out the steps in the link you have provided earlier. Hopefully it will solve the issue.

But may i know if the Roaring Heights Gold and the Boardway arre considered as CC?

Thanks.

You mean the Board Walk, right? Wink

Well, they could be seen as a kind of CC, so you should still disable them to see if the issue is in those.
One question: did you install the Store Fixes along with the Roaring Heights Gold and the Board Walk? They are required for them to work properly. You can find them here:
http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

Make sure they are properly installed, and please let us know how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 05:57

Hi,

I just removed the Roaring Heights Gold and The Boardwalk. At the moment, the game didn't crash at the buy-mode.

No i didn't install the store fix after i install Roaring Heights Gold and The Boardwalk. I will try to do it now.

So sorry, but how do i know which situation i'm in?

Situation 1: if you’re using .Sims3Pack files
Situation 2: if you’re using .package files
Situation 3: if you’re using .Sims3pack AND .package files

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 06:04

Hello Smile

Both of those files are .Sims3Pack files, so you can use either the Situation 1 or the Situation 3. It all depends on if you will be installing any .package files in the future. I would advise you to do the guide for the Situation 3, because who knows? Maybe you will install some of those later. It won't hurt to install the store fixes in both folders (as the Situation 3 says), I assure you.

Make sure to let us know if this fixed your issues.
Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 06:48

Hi,

The issue seems to be solved after i applied the store fix. *Cross my fingers.

Previously i copy out my Sims 3 folder (at Documents > Electronics Art)

How can i put back my saved games? Like the characters and continued from where i last saved?

Or is it not advisable to do that. Thanks!

** Edit : May i know other than the torrent, where can i download the Island Paradise? Thanks!

** After i add in the saved files from previous game in the saves, somehow the map doesn't allow me to add in the Boardway. I did it for another saved game. But this current one (that i transferred over) couldn't. The lot icon will disappear..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 12:08

Hello,
You can put the folder back where it was. If your saves and CC are clean, it will not cause any trouble for you.
If your game does not work because of this move, then you will have to remove this folder again, and start from scratch with your adventure: it means one of your save files (or one of your CC) is corrupt. For the CC, you can re-install fresh versions of them anytime.

About Island Paradise, this Expansion Pack is only available through torrents.

For the Boardwalk error, you can try to clear your Cache. Go to Documents\EA\The Sims 3, and delete the following:
* compositorCache.package
* the WorldCache folder if it exists.

Hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 17:24

Hi,

Thanks. I just saved the whole household + house and move it to the city that is working. Btw, i have installed the boardwalk. But when i visit the venue, the roller coasters ain't working. I have installed the store fixes but it doesn't seems to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 17:34

Thanks. I just saved the whole household + house and move it to the city that is working. Btw, i have installed the boardwalk. But when i visit the venue, the roller coasters ain't working. I have installed the store fixes but it doesn't seems to help.

Hi there!

Did you follow Shamrock's recommendation and cleared the cache files? To make sure you can delete all of them and check if it works.
These files are found in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and are as follows:

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package
The files inside the My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\WorldCaches

*If you are in a Mac DO NOT delete these files. I think you are not, but better safe than sorry.

You can then check if it's working now. Keep us updated! Good luck! Smile

Last edited by SeoY on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 17:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 17:36

Hi,

So sorry! My bad. I thought the tracks weren't complete but they were. Hehe. So sorry. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 17:37

So sorry! My bad. I thought the tracks weren't complete but they were. Hehe. So sorry. Thanks!

Don't worry!

Do you have any more issues we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:03

Hi,

I just realised that i couldn't add in a community in the lot. Though there's lot but when i click "place copy", there's no place for me to place it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:09

Are you sure there is actually an empty lot big enough for the copy to be placed?

These Community Lots are placed in spots that are already assigned to the world. Please make sure that there is an empty lot for it to be placed.

If there is and you can't still place it, please come back so we can search for another solution. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:27

Hi,

Hmm.. I want to add the Plumbot Picture Backlot to the town (Roaring Heights Gold) But somehow i just can't. I changed it from Resident to community and there's a drop down option. But i have no idea what to put since it doesn't state if it is a library, no visitors allowed etc like some would have...

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:45

Hello,

It does not matter what you select the Community state as, it will automatically change if you place a premade building.

Plumbob Picture Backlot is a large lot so you need a spare space the same size or bigger.
The dimensions can be accessed by clicking on an empty spare lot space (Edit Town. Options>EditTown>.

If you can't find one, then you might have to add a spare lot, hopefully you should be able to find a space, as long as it goes green.

Thanks
Like a Star @ heaven Layloria
Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode 2343167_orig
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:50

I just checked in my game and the only pre-made lot that allows the placing of the Plumbob Picture Backlot in Roaring Heights is 39 Beach Drive. You should make sure that that one is available and place it there.

If not, you should follow the instructions of Layloria and place another lot in the World big enough to contain that Community Lot.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

EDIT: You can see it here
Game crashes when i'm in buy-mode Untitl11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 15:59

Hi,

I managed to solve the problem. There was a lot suitable but somehow it doesn't show up due to the category. So I have bulldoze away the lot so it changes the default to "No vistors allowed". Only after that the icon show up to let me place the community.

Anyway, regarding the Electronics Art folder in my documents. Am i able to shift it to another drive? Because my "c" drive is running low on space and even though i have installed all the games in my "d" drive, the sims 3 folder is at the my documents (c drive)

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Mon 01 Sep 2014, 16:56

Hello,

You can't shift the folder as the game will create a new folder in its place, leaving you with two folders, one old and one new.
It goes to your C drive as this is where your Windows is installed and hence where your User Documents folder is, by default Sims 3 has its second Electronic Arts folder in User Documents which is in most cases the C drive where Windows is installed.

So unfortunately you can't move the folder. Do you have any more questions?

Thanks,
Layloria
Layloria
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Sep 2014, 20:01

Layloria wrote:Hello,

You can't shift the folder as the game will create a new folder in its place, leaving you with two folders, one old and one new.
It goes to your C drive as this is where your Windows is installed and hence where your User Documents folder is, by default Sims 3 has its second Electronic Arts folder in User Documents which is in most cases the C drive where Windows is installed.

So unfortunately you can't move the folder. Do you have any more questions?

Thanks,

It's actually possible to redirect the game folder to somewhere else, and at the same time, the game can still recognise the folder. Carlos has written a topic about it: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17437-redirecting-the-username-folder-the-sims-3-to-a-different-location.

Good luck and let us know if you do not understand the instructions.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 15:54

Hi,

It's a very very tedious process. >< Btw, i'm going to install the Island Paradise. After i install it, i just need to ignore the #crack in the Island Paradise folder and use the crack in the fix?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top