Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Ubisoft Dethrone EA as most hated gaming company?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could Ubisoft Dethrone EA as most hated gaming company? Empty Could Ubisoft Dethrone EA as most hated gaming company?

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 23:19

Odd question right?

But it seems surely so.

From my standpoint and my various discussions with the gaming community online (nightmarish at times).

reasons I've gotten why people hate them (most I agree with):
- Rehashing the same game with a new title and "new features" every single year.  
- Removing features one year, and include them another year and calling it "new".
- removing content from a completed game only to sell it as DLC a couple months later.
- Day 1 DLC.
- Buying out companies only to never do anything with them.
- forcing people to use origins

there were a few others. but these are the notable ones and the most common

----
Ubisoft is digging a hole for themselves in recent years.
- they are following that rehash trend that most companies are doing. IIRC at one point, they said they were making 3 assassins creed game at once.
- They blamed PC gamers as reasons why they won't release certain games on PC.
- The Uplay crash when Watch_Dogs came out.
- The Watch_dogs debacle with graphics and their excuse that it would cause lags and make the game unstable (which surprisingly it still did, even without the rendered graphics)
- recently they said, they wanted gamers to spend 200 dollars via DLC and microtransaction on a 60 dollar game.

While is downright crappy. Atleast they don't express negativity to the gamers and insult them constantly. :/
I don't recall ever hearing EA say it's my fault they didn't do something.

Back to top Go down

Could Ubisoft Dethrone EA as most hated gaming company? Empty Re: Could Ubisoft Dethrone EA as most hated gaming company?

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 02:10

I surely think they could! Over the past few years they have started to shown of EA-syndrome with all of the online passes and microtransactions they have put into their games. Also many of their games namely Assassins Creed are going to money over quality route!

Back to top Go down

Could Ubisoft Dethrone EA as most hated gaming company? Empty Re: Could Ubisoft Dethrone EA as most hated gaming company?

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 05:23

FluxPanda wrote:I surely think they could! Over the past few years they have started to shown of EA-syndrome with all of the online passes and microtransactions they have put into their games. Also many of their games namely Assassins Creed are going to money over quality route!
these days it's almost as if, Assassin's Creed is their only game. :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top