Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Initialize (E0) Virus protection Help? (Resolved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Initialize (E0)  Virus protection Help? (Resolved) Empty Initialize (E0) Virus protection Help? (Resolved)

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 12:02

Normally after all the trial and error, I am pretty good at getting these Sims games to work. I looked around the forums and found many of these threads. The Solution? Download the ultimate fix, and make exceptions in your Virus protection. I disabled Avast, and I still get this Error. I'm not exactly clear on the process of making exceptions. I think this computer has Norton again, as well. I recently reset it back to factory settings. So, that would make sense.

Anyway, ' pretty clear on the Ultimate fix part, I've done that many times with various sims games. (I used the current Sims 4 edition) I guess I just need someone to walk me through making exceptions in y virus protection. As  said before avast is disabled, not sure what else to do.

Fixed it myself. Everything is working. Woo!

Back to top Go down

Initialize (E0)  Virus protection Help? (Resolved) Empty Re: Initialize (E0) Virus protection Help? (Resolved)

Post by Guest Mon 10 Nov 2014, 16:17

Glad to hear it!
Could you please share your solution with us? It might help other people...

Back to top Go down

Initialize (E0)  Virus protection Help? (Resolved) Empty Re: Initialize (E0) Virus protection Help? (Resolved)

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 03:34

I had to hop between my 2 anti-virus programs. When one would let the ddl file through, the other would delete it. In the end you just need to make sure that every folder you are dealing with is put on all the exception lists. If Not, that crucial file will always get deleted and, you will get nowhere.  Probably took me longer then it should. Norton is rather tedious. Got there in the end. Game runs, haven't had any issues.

Long story short. Download the game and Fix, Make exceptions to all of the folders. Install, follow the fix steps and, you shouldn't have any problems. I'm running on a Laptop just fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top