Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch) - Page 2 Empty Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch)

Post by Admin Thu 25 Aug 2011, 20:23

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

If you, for whatever reason, can't update to version 1.24 1.26 1.29 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34  1.36 1.38 1.39 1.42 1.47 1.48 1.50 1.55 1.57 1.63 1.66 1.67 of the game, please download the manual update instead. It is known to fix most of the errors you get when you try to update via the Game Launcher, like the "Invalid File" error.

-- link(s) removed --

(The Mac version of the manual patch can be found HERE)

Arrow  Exclamation  If you're using this in combination with our Ultimate Fix you have to use this manual patch INSTEAD of step 11 of the Ultimate Fix. (See included instructions of the Fix) Exclamation
If you get a "The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate." error, run the manual patch as an Administrator!

Good luck!

Last edited by Admin on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 22:26; edited 55 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch) - Page 2 Empty Yes!!

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 16:54

And here I was running around going "Where is the manual update for 1.32!" And then I remembered to come here. Because Ive learned I can trust you guys with my game.You havent done me wrong yet. I dont go anywhere else these days for my simmie things. So thanks,you guys are awesome!

Back to top Go down

Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch) - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch)

Post by grieralexander Fri 16 Mar 2012, 00:03

NyxTheVein wrote:And here I was running around going "Where is the manual update for 1.32!" And then I remembered to come here. Because Ive learned I can trust you guys with my game.You havent done me wrong yet. I dont go anywhere else these days for my simmie things. So thanks,you guys are awesome!

You are most welcomed! Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch) - Page 2 3479271199

grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch) - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch)

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:08

Thanks guys! =]
The boyfriends game wouldnt update normally as hes using a different crack still (the silly man..) so this is just what he needed!

.. while im fixing his game, im obvs installing the ultimate fix from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 18:47

This manual updater is a life saver, I love you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2012, 09:54

Very Happy thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 04:24

i doesn't work but after1 months it works

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 05:04

TNX!

Back to top Go down

Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch) - Page 2 Empty Is there a manual patch for the sims 3 ver 1.34?

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jun 2012, 03:59

Yay! New updates!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 21:43

Thank you sooooo much for this fix!!! As you said might happen, I got the "invalid file" error but now with this patch it works great!! Bunches of thanks, G4TW!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 16:19

this is my first post here and first of all I would like o thank all of the people from games of the world. what your doing here has helped me so much and you are just wonderful! Smile

thank you very much in advance Smile

//EDIT

*games FOR the world. sorry Smile

Admin edit: Games4theworld*

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 23:18

Thank you so much for the manual patch! i can't update the game via the launcher because it always said i have invalid file, luckily i can update the game by this manual patch so again thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 16:50

*This is not a problem reporting this is a solution*

I used this and the ultimate fix to update my game. I downloaded the BLACKBOX edition of ts3.

At first this wouldn't install, after installation of the update the launcher kept saying 'And error has occured, please check the logs'.
I noticed that my register values (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > SysWOW64 (sth like that) > SIMS > The Sims 3) pointed to C:/Windows as installdir and exe dir.
So in my Windows folder I found two folders not belonging there: 'Game' and 'Gamedata' (the other sims3 folders weren't there). I cut these folders to the correct location: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Black box/The Sims 3 complete collection/The Sims 3/' and changed the register values accordingly. My sims game worked.

I hope I helped someone fix their problem. I spend a good 5-6 hours trying to fix it all while it was solved within 2 minutes.

So in short for the ones with blackbox edition (or others):
1. Apply the fix according to the pdf in the fix.
2 Update your game manually with the manual patch in this thread.
2.1 (if you receive an error about DSETUP not found or something (which I had) download dsetup using google* 'search dsetup' and follow instructions under the 'How to install dsetup.dll' tab
2.2 restart setup
3 try to launch the sims 3. Got an error? check in C:/Windows for 'Game' dir and any other folders that may belong to ts3
4 cut these folders to your the sims 3 directory, overwrite all
5 type regedit in windows search at startmenu and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > SysWOW64 (sth like that) > SIMS > The Sims 3
6 change 'Exepath' and 'installdir' to the correct locations of your installation (IF THESE ARE CORRECT SOMETHING ELSE IS GOING ON)
5 apply the patch in the fix
6 play happy Smile

Feel free to use this.

*sorry, i'm not allowed to post external links

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 20:16

Perfecto!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 01:18

Just wanted to point out that I was following your installation guide i found on pirate bay. I got to part 11. I also couldn't update to v 1.36. Then i realised that I hadn't downloaded Origin - which it prompted me to do. I downloaded Origin from the EA website - and then the Sim 3 Launcher Update worked.

So you can also make it work by downloading Origin if you clicked "no" when it asked you to download it

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Sep 2012, 16:45

UPDATED for version 1.38 of the game!
Thank you, Lady ElDi! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 20:44

Thank you Admin and Lady, and everyone else on g4tw staff. you guys are so awesome and amazing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:51

There is a better way to fix it... Just keep a backup of ALL files you overwrite when you crack it, then use them when you update. I kept my original ts3w.exe and tslhost.dll files, so when I got the "invalid file" error, I popped them back in the folder they belong in, and Voila! No issues. Thought you might like to know Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 09:01

really works!! thanks for this ;D

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:04

leviathan1993 wrote:There is a better way to fix it... Just keep a backup of ALL files you overwrite when you crack it, then use them when you update. I kept my original ts3w.exe and tslhost.dll files, so when I got the "invalid file" error, I popped them back in the folder they belong in, and Voila! No issues. Thought you might like to know Very Happy

That's what we call the "Ultimate Fix' Wink, it has all the originals. Still the superpatcher has its advantages.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2012, 14:28

Well. That's funny. Updated to 1.38 because I couldn't download anything from the official shop. So I updated and then I could.
Now I have to insert the disc! I read it was save to upload?
Sorry, I just totally freaked out! I just had to download the ultimate fix again clown

Anyway,
thanks for everything you've done so far Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2012, 07:50

Thank You, Admin! Now my Simmies are back!Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Can't update The Sims 3 to v1.67 fix. (Manual patch) - Page 2 Empty Thanxx

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012, 08:03

Thanxx for the update guys Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 30 Oct 2012, 19:07

UPDATED for version 1.42 of the game!

Last edited by Admin on Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:23; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:11

Thankssssssssss a lot for the fix.... Very Happy M sooo soooo happpyyy.... U guyzz are the best.. Luv yaa!! I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 03:57

after updating to 1.42 I got a 'no disc found' message when I clicked play on the launcher, but I found your ultimate fix and it had saved the day! a million thanks!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 01:14

Yes this fixes are great and a big salvation : )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 06:20

Thanks you for updating news

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top