Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Install Sims 3 Seasons. Error has occured while running setup. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Install Sims 3 Seasons. Error has occured while running setup. [CLOSED] Empty Can't Install Sims 3 Seasons. Error has occured while running setup. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 04:34

Hi, everyone!

I have a problem installing The Sims 3 Seasons expansion pack. Whenever I run the InstallShield Wizard, this window pops up saying, 
"An error [-5006 : 0x80070002] has occured while running setup"

I was able to install The Sims 3 University and The Sims 3 Generations with no problems at all. Seems like the problem lies only with my Seasons. Also, all the expansion packs I have are by Games4TheWorld.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Can't Install Sims 3 Seasons. Error has occured while running setup. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Can't Install Sims 3 Seasons. Error has occured while running setup. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 09:27

Please make sure that you have unpacked the instillation files. It has been some time since I have gotten an error but please do that and then check back in with us. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Can't Install Sims 3 Seasons. Error has occured while running setup. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Can't Install Sims 3 Seasons. Error has occured while running setup. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 12:27

This is gonna sound dumb, but what do you mean by unpacking the installation files?

//EDIT

My apologies for sounding impatient, but I could really use some help with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 May 2015, 13:25

Wolf24 wrote:This is gonna sound dumb, but what do you mean by unpacking the installation files?

//EDIT

My apologies for sounding impatient, but I could really use some help with this.

Sorry for the belated reply,

But I have been absent on here for about a month, and just recently started to get back to messages again. Are you still in need of help with that ? If so, get WinRAR 4.20 from here, and install it according to the included instructions:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

After that, open the .RAR file of your download with WinRAR and drag and drop out ALL contents of the .RAR, into a single empty folder. After this extraction is done, re-run the setup, from within the folder with the extracted stuff. Good luck !

//EDIT

Topic closed, please stick to the other thread here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19987-can-t-run-installer-for-the-sims-3-supernaturals
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top