Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 10 disables sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 10 disables sims 4 Empty Windows 10 disables sims 4

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 15:16

So, I've got the free Windows 10 update, and when I install it works great, and everything is fine. And then I play multiple days after each other, and everything is still fine. Then another day I want to open The Sims 4 (from your pirated version), and it doesn't work. This now happened multiple times.

I am pretty sure it is the Windows 10 that disables the pirated software. I've heart many debates about if Windows 10 does this indeed or not, but I'm pretty sure it does. Whenever it is disabled, I get an error every time I try to start the game. Adding the crack again doesn't work, I need to reinstall the game entirely, which is very annoying. Then it works again for some time until Microsoft disables it again.

Got some other people who have confirmed me that Windows 10 indeed disables stuff. They said there are ways to stop Windows 10 from doing it, but I can't seem to find anything but news about that Windows 10 might do it on google.

Now, do you know anything that may stop Windows 10 from doing this? For me it's only for The Sims 4, but it's the only pirated game I have, so I wouldn't be able to know if this also happens on other games or programs and/or for other people.

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 disables sims 4 Empty Re: Windows 10 disables sims 4

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 18:03

Hi there, @Cambion, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

It seems that there is a misunderstanding. Windows 10 doesn't disable pirated software that doesn't belong to them. That would cause a pretty big licensing issue. What the EULA really says is that it may disable pirated software that is theirs, something like Office, and it's still unheard of. So no, it can't 'disable' The Sims 4, and it's not, starting because there's several users and team members, including me, that are running the game on Windows 10 without any problems.

How are you so sure that it's Windows 10 that causes it? What error message is the one that you are getting? It sounds more like some antivirus is causing problems with the crack, any at all, that has issues with cracks and false-positives. Something like Windows Defender. Or any antivirus/security software for that matter can cause these problems. And the fact that it happens after some time also is a clue for that, as the cracks are removed after it makes an automatic scan.

Did you make sure to configure the Exceptions List of your security software correctly?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Sep 2015, 01:48

Cambion wrote:Whenever it is disabled, I get an error every time I try to start the game. Adding the crack again doesn't work, I need to reinstall the game entirely, which is very annoying. Then it works again for some time until Microsoft disables it again.

That is actually a strong indicator that some "security" software on your computer (Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials ?) is messing with the game. If Windows 10 really blocked the game, a re-install wouldn't help either, wouldn't it ? At least that's what I assume.

There are speculations that Windows 10 indeed can remove pirated software from third parties. I'm not sure if licensing issues are part of the reason (they may be), but I guess the main concern is that such a system can never "fool-proof". And once you get to that conclusion, the chances of Windows 10 "disabling pirated software" are becoming much smaller, if not impossible.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Sep 2015, 15:07

Hello,

Thanks for the replies. I have the game with cracks in the exeption lists of any anti-virus I have. I was at first doubting microsoft could disable this too, but I recently heard from some other people that windows does it, making me thing about it again. I shall reinstall one more time and double check any anti-viruses to make sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 09 Sep 2015, 07:14

Cambion wrote:Hello,

Thanks for the replies. I have the game with cracks in the exeption lists of any anti-virus I have. I was at first doubting microsoft could disable this too, but I recently heard from some other people that windows does it, making me thing about it again. I shall reinstall one more time and double check any anti-viruses to make sure.
If you do not exclude the folder, but only restore the quarantined file, Windows Defender will remove your crack again after a day or two (it happened to me on the folder where I have the torrent I am seeding).

So far, the best solution is to exclude the right folders and not only restore the crack, since that restore, even though might work for a while, seem to be a temporary solution and Windows Defender is removing the crack again and again Sad

Please, let's know if applying the DLL only helped or if you need further help.

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male