Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much CC can you merge into one package?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How much CC can you merge into one package? Empty How much CC can you merge into one package?

Post by Guest Wed 18 Nov 2015, 13:03

Hi! What's the size limit for how much CC you can merge into one package? My game won't run with bigger ones, so I'm just wondering.

Last edited by Shower Harvey on Sun 22 Nov 2015, 15:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

How much CC can you merge into one package? Empty Re: How much CC can you merge into one package?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Nov 2015, 06:47

Shower Harvey wrote:Hi! What's the size limit for a compressed file? I know for sure that there is a limit since my game won't start when I have the bigger files in the game.

Hello,

If you extract the downloads (from Games4theworld) with the program WinRAR, and install according to instructions, then there won't or shouldn't be any data corruption or anything. What can be problematic is if you use a different extraction program, like .7z for instance. You can find WinRAR 5.21 here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html 

Beyond that, I can't tell you the exact sizes right now, since I'm not on my main desktop machine. But - as said - if you use WinRAR it shouldn't matter anyway.

From the question you posted I'll assume you are talking about the actual download file, which is in the .RAR file format, but feel free to elaborate or clarify if that's not the case with you. 

alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How much CC can you merge into one package? Empty Re: How much CC can you merge into one package?

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 15:36

Carlos wrote:
Shower Harvey wrote:Hi! What's the size limit for a compressed file? I know for sure that there is a limit since my game won't start when I have the bigger files in the game.

Hello,

If you extract the downloads (from Games4theworld) with the program WinRAR, and install according to instructions, then there won't or shouldn't be any data corruption or anything. What can be problematic is if you use a different extraction program, like .7z for instance. You can find WinRAR 5.21 here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html 

Beyond that, I can't tell you the exact sizes right now, since I'm not on my main desktop machine. But - as said - if you use WinRAR it shouldn't matter anyway.

From the question you posted I'll assume you are talking about the actual download file, which is in the .RAR file format, but feel free to elaborate or clarify if that's not the case with you. 

alien

Ooops, I feel like I didn't clarify my problem. What I meant is that I want to know how much CC you can merge into one package.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Nov 2015, 00:36

Hi, I have merged as many as 200 packages and my game runs fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Nov 2015, 00:58

Shower Harvey wrote:
Ooops, I feel like I didn't clarify my problem. What I meant is that I want to know how much CC you can merge into one package.

Sorry for the late reply,

I don't know if there is a specific limit, but your game should actually run "better" if you have fewer and bigger .package files, compared to having many small .packages. 

A possible problem could be that one or more of your CC is corrupted or otherwise incompatible, hence you are getting these problems...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top