Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MS Toolkit giving errors when clicking on the office logo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MS Toolkit giving errors when clicking on the office logo Empty MS Toolkit giving errors when clicking on the office logo

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 12:26

been trying to activate Office 2013, had inactivated and yesterday said i need to activate it again, so i used MS Toolkit but i keep getting this error when i click on the Office logo:
"the system cannot find the file specified.(exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)."
can anybody help? anybody else experiencing this?

Back to top Go down

MS Toolkit giving errors when clicking on the office logo Empty Re: MS Toolkit giving errors when clicking on the office logo

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 00:19

marius wrote:been trying to activate Office 2013, had inactivated and yesterday said i need to activate it again, so i used MS Toolkit but i keep getting this error when i click on the Office logo:
"the system cannot find the file specified.(exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)."
can anybody help? anybody else experiencing this?

Hello and welcome to the forum @marius,

Have you checked this topic here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21699-microsoft-office-2013-activation-fails-fix

See if that solution works in your case, too. Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

MS Toolkit giving errors when clicking on the office logo Empty Re: MS Toolkit giving errors when clicking on the office logo

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 07:27

hi Carlos

thanks for the reply.
i have however seen that one and have tried acouple other onse as well.

did not work for me so dont know what to do any more.

regards

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Jan 2016, 19:40

marius wrote:hi Carlos

thanks for the reply.
i have however seen that one and have tried acouple other onse as well.

did not work for me so dont know what to do any more.

regards

Did you turn off your anti-virus software/Windows Defender ? Or add your file (of the Microsoft toolkit) to the "exclusions" ? Sometimes the toolkit gets detected as a "virus" by such software, and you need to be aware of that.

Also, try running the toolkit as Administrator (right-click on file -> run As Administrator).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2016, 10:46

thanks for the info Carlos, troed all of that but it is still not working.
please see screenshot of what i get when i click the office logo.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/19/41/08/46/captur11.png

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Feb 2016, 19:09

marius wrote:thanks for the info Carlos, troed all of that but it is still not working.
please see screenshot of what i get when i click the office logo.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/19/41/08/46/captur11.png

Alright then, out of interest, could you try using a different toolkit version for the moment ? I uploaded the 2.5.3 version here:
http://bit.ly/1N4TWf2

Try that one instead. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top