Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MySims - A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (8016)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MySims - A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (8016) Empty MySims - A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (8016)

Post by Guest Sun 07 Feb 2016, 03:04

I purchased MySims from Origin and had to request a refund, and I tried the version available here as well. Both games no matter what the source of the game is. I tried the fix for the 7000 error, but that didn't work for me at all.

I currently have Windows 10, which I believe is the problem. This computer came with Windows 10 so there's nothing I can really do about it. If anyone knows how to fix this error, please help me. I would love to play this game on the PC, I have played it once before on the Wii, but it wasn't mine to keep.

Back to top Go down

MySims - A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (8016) Empty Re: MySims - A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (8016)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Feb 2016, 03:48

Syddie wrote:I purchased MySims from Origin and had to request a refund, and I tried the version available here as well. Both games no matter what the source of the game is. I tried the fix for the 7000 error, but that didn't work for me at all.

I currently have Windows 10, which I believe is the problem. This computer came with Windows 10 so there's nothing I can really do about it. If anyone knows how to fix this error, please help me. I would love to play this game on the PC, I have played it once before on the Wii, but it wasn't mine to keep.

Hello @Syddie,

I am able to run MySims on Windows 10 just fine. The guide that I wrote about the 7000-error actually happened on my other Windows 7 system, and that was due (I guess) due to me messing with the registry. Please keep in mind that this specific guide will mainly work if your error code is 7000. Smile

As for your current error code, the best that I can suggest is this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22306-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-possible-lag-issues-on-windows-10

This was written for The Sims 2, but please apply the "SecuRom removal tool" that I mentioned there, on your own computer. Using the tool should be straightforward. And after that...I'll assume you are using the file inside #Crack-folder of the download "MySims", if you got the game from G4TW ? If you haven't done so please copy the file and paste it into the appropriate location, mentioned in the included install guide.

Then try the game again. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

MySims - A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (8016) Empty Re: MySims - A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (8016)

Post by Guest Sun 07 Feb 2016, 05:15

I tried using the remover tool when I purchased the game, but when I use the remover tool itself, I get the same error as when I try to launch the game.

MySims - A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (8016) 38b380552d

EDIT:

I just installed it onto my laptop which has Window 8.1 and there was no error at all. I installed the game just fine after following the instructions and then ran the remover tool, but when I ran the remover tool on my laptop, it said that there was nothing to remove. After that I ran the game and it works perfectly. 

There has to be something wrong with windows 10, I even attempted the fix you have for the 7000 error, but I think I may have done something wrong because some of those options you have screen shots of I don't have. I tried to uninstall the things from your fix as well, but I may have just messed things up more.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Feb 2016, 08:14

After some digging, it indeed seems to have something to do with Windows 10, but also with possible hardware-related issues:
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/61590-important-new-bios-addressing-8016-error-windows-10-because-securom-drm-does-bios-flash-circumvent-microsoft-policy.html

Not sure what to make of it, but I personally would refrain from any "BIOS" updates or the like, because these things are highly risky to do.

I'll also assume you have all available Windows updates for Windows 10 downloaded and installed ? And would you be content with playing the game on your other computer with Windows 8.1. for the moment at least ? Because I'm afraid I can't suggest more here.

These games from that era, like Sims 2 or MySims, all have "SecuROM" as a form of DLC protection on them, and Microsoft stated that such applications may not work properly on Windows 10. Also, the guide that I wrote is indeed not 100% applicable to Windows 8/10; maybe I can come up with a solution in the future, but for now, I'm afraid that is it.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Feb 2016, 09:44

I don't mind playing on my laptop for now. Thank you for your assistance, hopefully this gets fixed eventually.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Feb 2016, 13:14

Syddie wrote:I don't mind playing on my laptop for now. Thank you for your assistance, hopefully this gets fixed eventually.

Yes, sorry I couldn't help more here. As this seems to be a specific weakness in Windows 10, we can only hope that Microsoft at some point fix this, which I'm not very hopeful about, but as the saying goes: "hope dies last". I'll leave the topic open in case anybody else has a better idea on this.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top